Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Audiobook you are hearing ?
Last : Gone with the wind.... unabridged... 39 hours = great Confusedmile:

Now: Stephen King ...'Salem's Lot ( in german "Brennen muss Salem" )... unabridget .... 20 hours

I'm kinda weird when it comes to books an audiobooks. I have a VERY vivid imagination, but I can't seem to pay attention when listening to someone else read. I can't form the mental images to go along with the story unless I'm reading for myself. Maybe it's my ADD that causes this.

archubbycub Wrote:I'm kinda weird when it comes to books an audiobooks. I have a VERY vivid imagination, but I can't seem to pay attention when listening to someone else read. I can't form the mental images to go along with the story unless I'm reading for myself. Maybe it's my ADD that causes this.

My man had the same opinion..... self reading is the one and only. But then I heared "Tokio" by Mo Hayder .... and he startet with Audio-Books.
Don´´t make the mistake to sit just down and hear.... using it like a normal Book ..thats really boring ... Hear them if you are cooking, bathing ... or whatever.... A Paper book I read on the standart way Wink
A second thing is that you mostly has to learn to hear a 40 hour book....

start with short stories ... 30 - 50 minutes... maybe Edgar Allen Poe ... or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.... or youtube Audiobooks like Huckleberry Finn ... and it works, try it out.

Thanks fen! I may give that a try. Smile

I am so much more a visual person than auditory, so I can really relate to archub's post, but fen's suggestion makes sense. I didn't even know you could find/try audio books on youtube. Thanks for the great advice!Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Some Audiobooks, only first part... the other parts are on Youtube :

German:

also check out avaxhome.ws which has bigger collections of all sorts of audiobooks or ebooks for download.

I used to listen to TTC lectures on a variety of topics and some foreign language materials from lingq.com where they allow you to download audio files for free for the target language I'm learning. But I have less time now so it's been shelved effectively Sad
Still, it served its purposes well. I've learned a lot during those years.Cool

Doctor Who Daleks: The Chase. Smile