Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Book(s) are you reading or read?
I'm curious to see what other people are reading. Hopefully find some common ground with someone to discuss my current books with.

I have recently finished reading City of Heavenly Fire (Mortal Instruments series) and The Fault In Our Stars.

I am currently reading Looking For Alaska.

What about you?

Currently reading.... The Winter People by Bret Tallent

Books I just finished plowing through include...

Seed
The Bird Eater
The Shuddering
The Neighbors

.... all by Ania Ahlborn

A book from the 1970s - Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig --- I just finished The Art Of Happiness by the Dalai Lama and some psychiatrist, Howard Cutler I think. And my next project is to reread The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. And between all of that is the adventures of Magnus and Alec lol, which you mentioned in your intro and I'm addicted to...

I'm presently reading "City of Night" by John Rechy. It's a story about hustlers in the 60's
We Have Elvis !!

I am afraid to read anything except non fiction anymore because I used to be addicted to reading...had a book at my side 24/7 and when I wasn't reading I thought about getting back to it....it consumed me

The only fiction I will read anymore is John Steinbeck...over and over and over and over...I never get tired of him....he is very soothing and satisfying for me....

Adam Wrote:A book from the 1970s - Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig --- I just finished The Art Of Happiness by the Dalai Lama and some psychiatrist, Howard Cutler I think. And my next project is to reread The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. And between all of that is the adventures of Magnus and Alec lol, which you mentioned in your intro and I'm addicted to...

You have just made me happy that you mentioned Magnus and Alec lol....Is that weird? oh well. I don't think I can handle reading The Lord of The Rings. I tried once. Not my cup of soup. (yes I know that's not the saying lol)

East Wrote:I am afraid to read anything except non fiction anymore because I used to be addicted to reading...had a book at my side 24/7 and when I wasn't reading I thought about getting back to it....it consumed me

The only fiction I will read anymore is John Steinbeck...over and over and over and over...I never get tired of him....he is very soothing and satisfying for me....

I completely understand being addicted. I get so consumed with the words in a book. I tend to forget all natural necessities I need, like eating and drinking. I try to contain myself with my fiction books.

Last book I read was Heaven Is for Real. Got interested in it because of the movie.

Currently reading The Cipher by Kathe Koja

Not really impressed. The book is hard to follow, even if the premise for the story is excellent. The writing is just..... fucking everywhere.

I did like this quote, though, which is incidentally the highlight of the book so far, IMO.

Quote:((Purchasing a heavy duty padlock.))

The salesperson thought I was weird, counting out quarters with my bandaged hand and my two dollar limp, but since this was not a new experience I gave her my looniest grin.

"It's for my cage," I told her.

The last book I read was Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl.

I only read books with a philosophical theme. My favourite fiction writer is Anne Rice. I haven't read fiction in ages, though.