Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Book(s) are you reading or read?
I am reading 50 dead men walking , its about an true life IRA informant - I saw the troubles through the tv broadcasts of everything this guy describes (im in England) and I have a good friend in Enniskillen so I know how it did effect people so much

Kill Shot by Vince Flynn, my favorite genre is definitely espionage.

I just finished "Americanah" by Chimamanda Ngoze Adicihe. It's about a Nigerian woman who travels to the US as an exchange student. Anyone who has ever felt like an outsider can relate to it. I also liked the way it reminded me that life doesn't turn out according to your plans.

I also finished Ian Toll's history of the beginning of the US Navy, called "Six Frigates." The sailors on those ships led very hard lives.

Right now I am in the middle of "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman. It's less than ten years old, but it already reads like a history book.

Presently working by way through Rhetoric by Aristotle.

Yes - this is for the enjoyment of reading.

Not a book as such, but currently reading some old Alpha Flight comics.

East Wrote:I am afraid to read anything except non fiction anymore because I used to be addicted to reading...had a book at my side 24/7 and when I wasn't reading I thought about getting back to it....it consumed me

East, you need to release your inner bookworm Firedevil

I'm currently reading The City And The City, by China Miéville. Not far into it yet but I'm enjoying it so far, he's one of favorite writers.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Bookworm Wrote:East, you need to release your inner bookworm Firedevil

I'm currently reading The City And The City, by China Miéville. Not far into it yet but I'm enjoying it so far, he's one of favorite writers.

LOL...he is alive and well (the inner bookworm)...

I do enjoy the metaphysical bookstores still....nothing like an afternoon browsing when I get a chance....I have a fairly large library of that kind of stuff. I recently got another Tibetan Singing Bowl and a book on it

[Image: 1591810876-2T.jpg]

I have been re-reading this at the moment...I love this book

[Image: mfm_sha.jpg]

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
Bad Teachers Equation (a Yoai Manga)
And lots of Batman comics

Person66 Wrote:1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
Bad Teachers Equation (a Yoai Manga)
And lots of Batman comics

Oooh I love Batman comics, but have to say I have not read any recently so have not got a clue what is going on with his character at the moment.

I started The Front Runner by Patricia Nell Warren Sunday night... a gay novel form the 1970s. Loving it so far. My old gay friend loaned it to me with some others from when hew as my age. Next up will be The Fancy Dancer by Warren about a relationship between a Native American fancy dancer and a Roman Catholic priest.
[Image: patricianellwarren_thefront.jpg]
[Image: PatriciaNellWarren_TheFancyDancer.jpg]

From what I'm told Ms Warren is going to be staying with my "older friend" sometime in September and I need to read some of her stuff before she gets here.