Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Christians say to Atheists
i agree. but like you had said gossamer the cheerleaders would only be in the right if every religion is allowed to do the same. i my old high school we had quite a few open pagans and we decided to start a afterschool club so that we could learn more about our religion and its practices. well since i was named leader of the group it was my task to talk to the principal to get permission to use a classroom after school. unfortunatly the principal was a die hard catholic. so i went to talk to her and when she asked what the club was for i told her it was for the pagans in the school to get together to learn more about our religion. and heres how the conversation went
Principal wilson: Wait you want to do what now?
Me: open a club for pagans and we are asking permission to use a classroom after school.
P: well thats not going to happen, not in my school.
Me: why not?
P: because i am not having a bunch of devil worshipers do rituals and sacrifices in my school.
me: maam we arent satanics and what about the F.I.S.H club(Faith Is Shared Here) why are they allowed to practice and talk about their faith after school and we arent.
P: because they are good christian children who believe in a real religion, not some made up one.

At this point i lost my temper and threatened her with the fact that if she doesnt allow our club to form then im going to go to the media and superintendent about the fact that she is A) allowing church and state to mix and make her biased towards her students and B) that she was infringing on our right to freedom of religion.

needless to say she let our club form and gave us a classroom to use.

Truth be known Jesus would be disgusted with the selfishness,hatred and cruelty they have committed in his name.

It's ironic that most Christians don't realize that a good deal of their rituals, holidays and such have pagan origins, and in some cases even their services are very close to pagan rituals. Were it not for pagans, a lot of what they think is purely Christian would not exist.

Absolutely , they have no idea.

And even if you tell them, they refuse to believe it.

like my dad and yule he doesnt believe it was originaly a pagan holiday

What's hilarious is serious historians believe Jesus was born in June or July (I forget which). We all know why that's not when it's celebrated, of course.

GossamerMoon Wrote:What's hilarious is serious historians believe Jesus was born in June or July (I forget which). We all know why that's not when it's celebrated, of course.

Pardon my ignorance (stupid Christian here) but why is it not celebrated in June or July?

Spades Wrote:Pardon my ignorance (stupid Christian here) but why is it not celebrated in June or July?

What I've learnt is that to gain more interest and popularity in the Christian religion, they decided to adopt the day of Christmas that had been a well known pagan holiday. That way more people could take this Christian celebration on board, and would convert to Christianity.

That's what my friend told me, he's a very knowledgeable Christian. Big Grin

Lilitu Wrote:What I've learnt is that to gain more interest and popularity in the Christian religion, they decided to adopt the day of Christmas that had been a well known pagan holiday. That way more people could take this Christian celebration on board, and would convert to Christianity.

That's what my friend told me, he's a very knowledgeable Christian. Big Grin

Close, but no.

The Christianization of Pagan holidays began about the fourth century A.D. when the Roman Emperor Constantine, became (or feigned becoming) a Christian. In order to consolidate his rule, he incorporated the Pagan holidays and festivals into the church ritual - attracting the Pagans, but he gave the holidays and festivals new "Christian" names and identities - thus appeasing the Christians.

So he did it not to promote Christianity, but rather to promote his own political career.

But what I actually wanted to say is: Yes, a lot of Christians hate people who are different, and on behalf of them, I apologize!