Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Constitutes a Relationship?
In your own opinion, what makes a relationship.... well, a relationship?

Is it how much time you spend together, the depth of chemistry you both share, how great the sex is.... etc... etc... Curious minds want to know.

It depends entirely on the people who are involved...and there are endless possibilities for all types of relationships....they vary as much as we do....

Being true to yourself is the best way to find the answer....for yourself....

I tend to use "relationship" to mean both in the "boyfriend/girlfriend" sense, and in the "here is somebody I interact with". For instance, I have a "relationship" with the people I work with, even though there's no amorous or sexual components to them.* If you're asking about solely the first type, I'd say that's the deciding factor - if there is an amorous or sexual component to the relationship, or all parties involved are aiming in that direction.

Lex

* - so far as I know. Maybe someone goes home and jerks off thinking about me every night. If so,, and you're reading this, let me know, and I'll send you some photos to help you out. Smile

In the capital R Relationship sense, it's how you mutually feel about one another and how you express that in words and interactions.

Lexington Wrote:I tend to use "relationship" to mean both in the "boyfriend/girlfriend" sense, and in the "here is somebody I interact with". For instance, I have a "relationship" with the people I work with, even though there's no amorous or sexual components to them.* If you're asking about solely the first type, I'd say that's the deciding factor - if there is an amorous or sexual component to the relationship, or all parties involved are aiming in that direction.

Lex

* - so far as I know. Maybe someone goes home and jerks off thinking about me every night. If so,, and you're reading this, let me know, and I'll send you some photos to help you out. Smile

ROFL. I remember reading the statistic that just about everybody has a co-worker that has the hots for them. I looked around my office and thought...

Scared

"ROFL. I remember reading the statistic that just about everybody has a co-worker that has the hots for them. I looked around my office and thought..."

Good god, Shifty!!

I've been retired for five years now and that gives me the willies, even now!!!!!!
I bid NO Trump!

to me, it's when you are seeing each other for more than sex, and feel mutually involved in a relationship.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

it depends. is it a romantic relationship? or merely a friendship?

there's so many levels to a relationship between two people.

ultimately, it's going to be those "two" people in that relationship that determine what level it is going to be in.

trywait Wrote:it depends. is it a romantic relationship? or merely a friendship?

there's so many levels to a relationship between two people.

ultimately, it's going to be those "two" people in that relationship that determine what level it is going to be in.

To clarify, I mean a romantic relationship. One possibly involving sexual intimacy.

I'm curious as to what it means specifically to each person on this forum.

What makes such a relationship what it is to each individual on their own terms.

Herz

Lexington Wrote:* - so far as I know. Maybe someone goes home and jerks off thinking about me every night. If so,, and you're reading this, let me know, and I'll send you some photos to help you out. Smile

*Chuckles* I was in need of that, man

Ahem. Er the chuckle, not the photos.

No offense, yeah? But I like my nose as it is and Twist has a MEAN right hook

(*Winks to Twist after ducking, just in case*I love you, babyboy. )

But seriously, thanks...the "but if you're reading this" just cracked me up