Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Did You Learn Today?
I've actually relearned something.

I've relearned the ability to purposefully temper what I say and remove my sometimes *wink lol* overbearing personality from a situation, and will begin to do so, as I foresee my personality clashing with those both in my real and online aquaintances.

I've learned that perhaps honesty and vulgarity are not a conducive method in trying to communicate across a medium that allows very limited interpretble emotive inflections. And that while I may be funny and helpful at times, I need to regulate the level and consistency at which I express myself in this way.

I've learned to make the conscious effort, not to spare anyone's feelings or change who I am, but to incorporate even more rational and unemotionally biased remarks and advisements than I have recently.

I have learned to reduce the investment I place in other peoples problems as well, in aversion of magnifying them as my own. Rather, offer what is necessary.

I've learned many things, but learning to stop allowing my personality to overshadow my cognition is possibly the most important.

Coffee

I love to learn :3

Does this mean you're going to be less fun?

:tongue:

ChrisD Wrote:Does this mean you're going to be less fun?

:tongue:

Lol! Does it mean I'll be any less of what I was to be more of what I wasn't?

I suppose you'll just have to learn that for yourself one of these days Chrissy Bitch ;3

MisterTinkles Wrote:You never heard of Jesse "The Body" Ventura?????

RRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYY??????

Did you not watch TV in the mid 90's????

I didn't own a TV until 1998. Left to my own devices the TV would never be on.

I learned that I am not as useless as I thought I was. That I can matter to some people. Some people are shoving me away, but others are making my life better.

I learned that my flight would be on Thursday.. I really forgot.
I thought it'll be on Saturday..

I learned that my little cousin (4 years old) loves me, she's so cute. I though she doesn't even remember of m after over one year, but since she saw me in the last days she's always hugging, wants to play, talk etc. ;-) She's a little bastard LOL but not with me. XD

Today I learned how to make cookies.

[Image: cookie-heart-for-my-wife.jpg]

I learned (again) to say nothing and deny all ... and if asked at work then repeat "it was like that when I found it - somebody else must have broke it ) ,, the rule where I work is that the last guy to touch it gets the warning,,, so unfair ..so follow the rule above

I didn't really "learn" anything today, but I was reminded that we are all sensitive and that the behavior of others really affects us, especially when they're someone who you live with and are dependent on.