Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Look For In A Partner?
A kind heart

(Adam) What do I want in a partner? How about a guy who does something useful on his day off, like mow the lawn, instead of sitting around wondering what he'd do if I asked for a freaking threesome!!!!

What do I look for?

Honesty, compassion, patience, generosity, able to commit/be monogamous, cute smile, supportive.

My exes have never been "brad pitt", but then, neither am I. I got to know them as people, and the attraction grew.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I look for this in guys I might date
I find them Physically,mentally, and emotionally attractive (sometimes just two of the three, but usually all three), Can be monogamous if I ask (I'm usually pretty open to open relationships, unless the distance is an hour's drive or less, then they're mine O.O all mine XD if they can drive anyway) Is mature, specifically mature enough to balance out my naturally childish nature and put up with said nature, they need to be kind, but firm in their treatment of me, be open to some of my... interests, and be interested in some of my interests like cooking and anime
then need to be a generall nice person, try to get along with my friends, and be able to ignor my annoying moments and the difference in my personallity every other moment (My personallity changes like the color of a chamelion)
Am I asking to much? to little? Maybe, probably, but at least it is something not impossible to do eh?

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Prior to Gideon, I was not looking for a long term partner. I had a very short list that included honesty, chemistry, and enough pride/integrity that they don't try and mooch off of me.

Now that I've been with Gideon, I will never be able to fall back to that again and would expect -much- more from any potential partner. Gideon has pretty much elevated my standards to a point my options would be extremely limited if I ever ended up back on the market for some reason.

I agree with Uneunsae. The best relationships always seem to develop from friendships in my observation.

Dude, I've totally ruined you for all others. You're -mine- and I intend to keep it that way.

*Grins*

Of course no one else would do for me either....you are -everything- I want and all that I need all rolled into one gorgeous package. My list would just read...See Twist.

AdamAndWill Wrote:(Adam) What do I want in a partner? How about a guy who does something useful on his day off, like mow the lawn, instead of sitting around wondering what he'd do if I asked for a freaking threesome!!!!

*Laughs* It's called a day OFF for a reason, man.

I have no list.

I'm very well in tuned with myself and my heart knows what it wants. Once all of those emotions get rattled up, then this is when I know I've finally met the right one.

At this point the tough part begins in determining if he feels the same way about me and once I determine this, I then go from there.

I like to always be openminded about what I want in a partner. I never know who I am going to meet and what traits they may bring to the table that I never knew I wanted.

But in general I want a partner with a sense of humor yet who does not hide behind sarcasm. If a person can not make me life then it will never work. I also need someone who is not afraid of communication. I have dated a non-communicator before and it was a disaster. If a person can not hold my interest in a conversation then it is a failure waiting to happen.

It would also be nice to have some common interests with someone. Those are just some of my thoughts. Does anyone feel that they fill all these needs? :-) Hit me up. hehe

CellarDweller Wrote:What do I look for?

Honesty, compassion, patience, generosity, able to commit/be monogamous, cute smile, supportive.

My exes have never been "brad pitt", but then, neither am I. I got to know them as people, and the attraction grew.

im sure someone sees you as his "brad pitt"

Big Grin

AdamAndWill Wrote:Will: I think it depends first on what the expectations are. There are things like honesty, sincerity, empathy, and just plain common decency that no one should compromise on. I'm sure that you could add a few to that list. For me, not using drugs or drinking to excess are things I expect and wouldn't compromise on. And...well since I'm in process of adopting a 3 year old, wanting and loving kids is a biggie - and one where if I was single, I think I might lose a number of potentials on that one. And it's not unrealistic to look at background, educational level, ambition, etc.

That's all basic, core stuff. But if you have rigid expectations about appearance and interests, you can sometimes cheat yourself out of a wonderful experience. I have an acquaintance who will only date blonde women with a certain type of figure and certain interests - I think he's missing out on a lot.

I think if you have high standards for yourself and others, then yeah, it can be harder to find "the one" - but why the hell should you settle for less? On the other hand, if you insist that he love sushi, the Boston Red Sox and Thai food, you could miss out on someone very special.

And I'm rambling. I'll ask Adam to answer this when he gets home, he usually makes more sense lol -

Thnks for your reply Will Smile i used to feel abit guilty about having expectations for my future partner. Now, i understand that as long as you have reasonable expectations, its fine. Thnks once again Smile