Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Think About Human Ecosystem Destruction?
In my Environmental Science class at school, the whole curriculum is centered around 'how nature works-- and how we mess it up'.

If you feel like reading how we are destroying ecosystems Frog:
Spoiler:

No matter if you read the spoiler or not, I want to know what you guys think of human-induced ecosystem destruction.

Do you believe ecosystem destruction for our survival is inevitable? Are we the only causes of this? Do you even believe that global warming is real? If you find any more ways we are affecting environment, good or bad, you can share those here as well because I find things like that interesting.
Thanks!

I found another really interesting article online. Since I can't post it with the post count I have right now, I'll just give you the background:

By farming with pesticides and deforestation in China, they are losing all of their bees! So, companies have hired workers just to hand-pollinate all of their apple orchards! :O

DannyDesu Wrote:Do you believe ecosystem destruction for our survival is inevitable?

I believe, sort of the opposite. I believe that ecosystem destruction will lead to our destruction as well. We have evolved to be "above" nature, not a part of it. We are a cancer on the planet. There are too many of us and that is only going to get worse. Over-population will lead to war as resources become scarce.

I thing you are a little confused when you say that the build up of Carbon Dioxide destroys the ozone layer. Global warming (yes I do believe in it) has nothing to do with the ozone layer. Ozone layer was getting destroyed by the use of CFC's. The ozone layer protects us from the short wave, high energy radiation from the Sun. Global warming (greenhouse effect) is caused by carbon dioxide and other gases.

Good luck with your science class.

I thought this thread was going to be about other animals destroying human habitats.

[MENTION=21709]MikeMercury[/MENTION] You're right! Thanks for the correction on the global warming topic!
[MENTION=22336]himself[/MENTION] That would be interesting if you could find something on it! Haha, sounds like that Netflix show "Zoo" where the animals finally take a stand against humans