Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Gives You Peace/Relaxes You?
[MENTION=12936]azulai[/MENTION] , I've been playing the violin off and on since I was a kid. Due to all my gaps in playing I consider myself to be a perpetual third year student. Although I've been a bit more consistent the last few years.

Though incredibly easy, I really like playing The Derry Air (think Danny Boy) and Simple Gifts. Those both make me feel warm inside.

AlohaShannon Wrote:that provides a sense of peace within our souls or allows our minds and/or bodies to relax.

Games and music. For "games" there's only one - Drift Streets Japan. Before that game was released I used GRID 2 for the same purpose - virtual drifting because that brings me more peace even than music.
For "music" - repetitive sounds with a lot of deep beat like those in electronic music: New Order - "Confusion", Da Hool - "Meet her at the love parade", Tiesto's "In search of sunrise part 3" and other tracks sounding similar. Specifically "Confusion" and Tiesto's sunrise set not only bring me peace but they help me focus faster to a point that at a given moment I even stop hearing the music.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

Playing the piano always relaxes me, or writing new songs, or short stories... Quite a lot actually 🙊

[MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION]
I have the beginning of Azula's theme tapped out. :biggrin: Also working on Portal theme.

[Image: 21919a5445b98e7745a02d887721b241-jpg.gif]

AlohaShannon Wrote:Though incredibly easy, I really like playing The Derry Air (think Danny Boy) and Simple Gifts. Those both make me feel warm inside.
Both are very beautiful songs.

I have always found it weird about myself that to relax I have to do something. Just sitting makes me more antsy.

Alto Wrote:Yes because we all know what that means.

Perhaps you were too lazy to read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI

Snuggling with my cats. Failing that, a few bong hits.

Alto Wrote:There are no perfect people on the internet, only narcissists.

Oh, look at that, I wrote that someone would miss the joke and someone did.

Here, have a treat

[Image: Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg]
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

azulai Wrote:I have always found it weird about myself that to relax I have to do something. Just sitting makes me more antsy.

I totally agree! As I'm sitting here typing this my leg is fidgeting a mile a minute!

Peeing.

Peeing is relaxing.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]