Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mortality
ok i have noticed my life that closeted guys that are even to themselved trying to ignor there homosexualty beteween 40 to 60 seem to face mortality and start searching
their sole and are honest with themselves and come out of the closet atleast to themselvs
and so they experment,go wild,and all the other we do when we start to explore our sexuality (in as many ways as there are guys) at this point most are seperated or devorced
and that gives a constant flow of older men into the gay population i hope this helps some older guys out there that don't quite have a handel on why the changes occcured to them
actuly think about it you have had these urges or the thoughts beforewhen you were younger but never acted on them because you though it was a passing phase but all you did was buri them in your system so go ahead open up to toyr desires and start liveing for yourself not someone elses ideaa of whats a proper way to live your life.

err
something like that.

I think that the older they are the more aware they are that homosexuality was illegal in most places and for a longish time was a treatable mental health illness especially during the late era when electroshock therapy was the preferred method to treat homosexuality.

1970's the AMA still used treatment of 'The Gay'.

Following the slow change from it being a 'mental health' issue it HIV/AIDS sprung out of the closet in the 1980's. Fear of the 'Gay Disease' shoved lots of men far into the closet out of fear of death.

Its not until 1998 that Will and Grace first aired, before then the few gay characters were in predominately straight shows.

So lets be generous and say it was ok to be gay in the 90's, that is still only 20 years from the deepest part of the open hostility.

Today its relatively ok to be gay, but it is still a risk.