Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is The Best Music You've Ever Heard ?
Wade Wrote:I went to see Beethoven's 9th symphony performed by the Northstate Symphony about a week ago. Although the Ode to Joy melody is thoroughly engrained in all of us, hearing the whole thing in person with a giant choir was a profound experience. Keeping in mind that Beethoven was completely deaf when he wrote it, the optimism and.... uh... joy I guess of the piece was quite overwhelming. I physically shivered when the cellos start playing the melody slowly and alone in the 4th movement.

That is such a beautiful piece of music.

My musical tastes are very broad, I listen to anything from Mozart to One Direction. I would be VERY hard pressed to pick a favorite. But if I had to, as far as beauty and the talent required, I would say Mozart's requiem has always moved me.

Richard

i don't think i could say what the "best" is ~
but there are a few artists / songs that i think are some of the greatest .

tom waits , kate bush , robert johnson , jimmy cliff , velvet underground . many many others ~

"venus in furs" by velvet underground is definitely one of the best songs

Thank you for this thread, it's nice to see some posts of some music I really care about.

I've heard a few songs/bands that have really changed the way I listen to music or opened up a new world of music. I'll try to put some of my favourites in chronological order of when I heard them.

Queen
Nirvana
Bob Dylan
B.B.King
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Tim Rose (I supported him in Sheffield and watching him taught me a lot about musicianship and he was an awesome presence)
Nick Harper

Also, I got the same feeling as I got listening to Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, when I heard my friend's recording of her song, Pipeline. (cheeky plug but great song) Wink

Without question, Adele's music. If you told me there is no such thing as magic in the world, I would call you a bald faced liar cause she has magic in that voice of hers. She takes me to a place of pure bliss every time I listen to her.

Second place would have to be the music of Glee. They have some incredible talent on that show. I love nearly everything they do!

^THIS EVERY TIME

Counselor Wrote:

^THIS EVERY TIME

Boards of Canada yay c:

Do not kill me, but I really like Classical Opera.

Tyler Wrote:Do not kill me, but I really like Classical Opera.

Nope, we must kill you now :biggrin: only joking, i like it on occasion, sure some others do to.

SolemnBoy Wrote:Boards of Canada yay c:
[Image: internet-high-five.jpeg]

Tyler Wrote:Do not kill me, but I really like Classical Opera.

Opera can be impressive. I love the piece at the beginning of Ponyo.

I think it has to do with me being a voice major.