Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What To Call You?
I'm not a fan of partner either.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

megumidesu Wrote:i hate the word "partner"
when people refer to my wife as my "partner" , i'm like ... okay we're married. we're not starting a business together -__-

also it's an ugly word , in my opinion

I realize it is... like a partner in a class activity. Or a business partner.. or partner in crime lol

@ OP...Anyway, perhaps my Guy or my Man would do?

Evan88 Wrote:I realize it is... like a partner in a class activity. Or a business partner.. or partner in crime lol

yeah a partner is someone you work on a school project with lol

i tend to call my wife by her name. but if someone asks what our relationship status is then i say "we're married" or "she's my wife" or "i'm her wife"

LONDONER Wrote:What's wrong with "My Partner"?

Its actually traditional to call the person your partner, nothing wrong with it. I see it as a "lover" and not a school partner etc..!!!

Its just how you were brought up around the word that determines if its right! which is why we see nothing wrong with it.

Yeah i think calling my guy by his first name would be cool and much better...

[Image: 666e8b064728e9605e3fd677083ab3ea87bc6727...c9de23.jpg]

I'm sure nobody would have an issue with that one.

Evan88 Wrote:Yeah i think calling my guy by his first name would be cool and much better...

sometimes i call hikari "mrs *our surname*" lololol

^ hehe.. i guess we could talk about it...on what surname to follow

When I had my own business, and a Domestic Partner, I would introduce him to people as my partner and they automatically assumed 'business partner' - well until he opened his mouth and his pearls, chanel and lipstick fell out....

...But interestingly enough even that wasn't a big enough clue for the majority. People can be really dense.

And then there is the opposite side of of this equation, where people know that the couple are a couple, but have no idea the 'right' title to slap onto that couple. "Your friend" seems safe until they have a run in with someone like D'fiant who will say 'I don't fuck my friends' or words to that effect.

Partner has been used only because it feels 'safe'.... It doesn't break the taboos of Marriage (Where until very recently marriage is defined as a thing only a man and woman can do), yet tries to validate that the couple is a couple....

Now that marriage is legal in some places, using the title of Husband or Wife suddenly gets you into a lengthy conversation about where did you marry, when did you marry.... So you are left standing there trying to find a nice way to explain that no I don't live in a region/state where I can legally marry the person who I think of as my spouse... please shut up and stop asking so many questions... now my head hurts.

I don't hate 'my partner' but I don't love this term... Maybe you can use 'my man', 'my life-soul mate', 'my beloved one' 'the love of my life', 'il mio amore XD' ...

Evan88 Wrote:or partner in crime lol
LOL

VileKyle Wrote:[Image: 666e8b064728e9605e3fd677083ab3ea87bc6727...c9de23.jpg]

I'm sure nobody would have an issue with that one.
You made me cry XD XD XD