Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a Museum did to attract people
If this has been posted before my apologies. It's a wonderfully inventive idea.

The Rijksmuseum in Holland had an idea: Let's bring the art to the people and then, hopefully, they will come to see more - at the museum.

They took one painting of Rembrandt from 1642, "The Night Watch" and brought to life the characters in it, placed them in a busy mall and the rest you can see for yourself!

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

It's "The Night Watch"

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Rembrandt. This is also my favorite painting of his besides his amazing series of self-portraits. I really wish I could live closer to some better museums like this.

This one's for you.
See 12:44.

VileKyle Wrote:It's "The Night Watch"

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Rembrandt. This is also my favorite painting of his besides his amazing series of self-portraits. I really wish I could live closer to some better museums like this.

Yes VileKyle, I knew it was "The Night Watch but in the e-mail that was sent to me it was described as "The Guards of the Night". At 7am my brain wasn't fully awake and all I could come up with at that time of the day was "The Night Guard". I've changed it now. Couldn't do it earlier, I've just come back from a sweaty two hour jog.

I have no idea what the title is in the original Dutch and maybe it is "The Guards of the Night". Maybe some kind person from the Netherlands can enlighten us.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Nice and entertaining, gosh, this is another thing that make me really upset, i really like the organizations of many Museums and Art-Galleries around Europe, London, (Loveya), Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid etc...
To be honest I find very interesting and useful even many little activities, like workshop, conferences, events for various target etc, and I see there are many of these things in some places.
I would like to work in this environment.

And then, I think about Italy, I compare those to 'ours' we have the biggest artistic heritage in the world (over the 50% of the Art in the entire planet)... And we leave a great part of this immeasurable heritage at his destiny...
Art could and should be the biggest part of our economy and progress... But our Government invest less than the 4% or a similar amount for Art & Culture (Both fkn'hell, both!!!)
Sorry for the vent.

This is a smart iniciative!

Go Nederlanders!