Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a horrid month!!
Hi guys i need a rant...

So...beginning of august has turned out to be a drag so far!
I've been beaten up by a group of lads for absolutely no reason, ended up in hospital with dislocated shoulder, concussion and serious bruising all over my head. Didn't even know the guys and know i haven't done anything wrong.
Then, i get out of hospital to find my mother has fallen out with me over a sarcastic comment i had made on facebook :S which she genuinely wont let me make up with her or apologise for.
And now to top it off...i was supposed to get paid my benefits money today as i lost my job again in july (dam agency's) and i haven't been paid.
So....i go down to speak with them and find out why, turns out because i was 45 minutes late to an appointment they can stop paying me for 4 weeks Sad
So now i'm stuck with no food for 4 weeks and no mother to rely on because she wont talk to me. Tried citizens advice for a food parcel and the dam place is closed for appointments only until friday Sad
Also gonna run out of electric as its on emergency credit!!!
And because of NEW LEGISLATION and David Cameron's government i no longer have any help available to see me through until my sanction is over.
SCREWED IS NOT THE WORD!!!
So at the very least its been a S**T time for me so far. Its my birthday on friday too so thats kind if depressing that im not going to have any money to do anything or even eat fgs!!

Anyway just wanted to rant before my electric go's and im left isolated from the world lol.

I'm sorry for your trouble mate.

I am so sorry that you were beaten up. Try your local Salvation Army they may be able to help out with food. I am not sure if you can try to get a crisis loan but I believe it's the council and not the DWP that deals with it now. Try to make peace with your mother it's not nice falling out with close family members.
An eye for an eye

Bighug but not to hard - don't want to hurt that shoulder.

This is all pretty complex, yes. And 'terrible' these events are to various degrees.

I try to find the lesson in all things when they go sour - or own my part in it whatever 'it' is.

No that is not easy, and yes it can take years to figure out: "Where did I go wrong?"

I doubt mom will hate you forever... I don't know what you said... maybe if you let a wee bit of time to pass it will settle out.

I wish I had something really smart to say.
I don't.
But I'm glad you let go with a good rant.
I'm sorry to hear about this trouble in your life, but it will all pass.
Survival is 99% about attitude.

I am really sorry to hear you've had a hard time. I am especially sorry to hear about your run-in with the local scumbag brigade, every neighbourhood has those gangs of wasters sadly, I've seen quite a few even in the really posh neighbourhoods. I've never been beaten up but I've been intimidated enough times. It sucks they're allowed to get away with it.

And its shameful the damned government aren't helping you just because you supposedly missed this 'appointment'. 4 months is harsh for a penalty! And of course the aid agencies being closed is awkward.

On top of that you don't want your mother having a go at you either. I would try and get her to see reason. That's the thing about Facebook, it can divide friends and family once someone misinterprets what someone else says. She will surely look past it over time.

Have you got anyone else you can turn to?

I just hope your ok ma8 - you've been through way too much

Yeah this is a fucked up sequence of events to have happen to you.

I sincerely hope you get a lucky break after all this Bighug Bighug

Damn dude. I feel for you, as I have been in similar situations way too many times in my life.

Some other things you might want to check into or ask about for advice or help:

Local gay and lesbian organizations
Local religious organizations (some of them have soup kitchens or give out food staples)
Go to your local government representatives office

Do you have any friends you can stay with for a week or so? Or until you get your check?
Any family besides your mother?

I dont know if this works overseas, but here in the USA, a lot of places will lend a hand by letting you wash dishes or bus tables for a few hours to get a free meal.

And just my suggestion here, but you might want to start carrying some pepper spray with you at all times, if you are in a rough part of town.

Good luck.

It's tough but you're going to get through this and become a stronger person. That's what difficulties are for. By the way, I love your attitude: I think it's wonderful that you be so positive in a difficult time like this, it really is an inspiration. RESPECT!