Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a relief!
Well, I saw my surgeon today and much to my relief I do NOT have to have another spine surgery as I thought. I've had some trouble healing my skin and muscles due to a curvature in my spine and my skin and muscles stretched out along the scar from the last surgery. I might end up having some reconstructive skin surgery eventually, especially if it progresses any farther.

I am so relieved, it would have been the third spine surgery in the last 8 months. Instead I actually got some of my lifting restrictions removed and can be more active!

rock n roll mate - so pleased for u ,,, u know not to push it too far i know ,,take care n get fit the slow way ,, it works best

are u restricted on ur riding style too ? can u still do xc ?

Matty, I'm stuck on a recumbent road bike for a while yet but it's better than nothing. I still can't put weight forward on my arms because it transfers right to my back where all the work was done. No MTB for me for a while, but I'm a roadie too, for the fitness. Thanks for the encouragement and in another month or so I'll be upright on the road. My SCOTT carbon road bike misses me as much as I miss it. I have an annual charity ride that I do at the beginning of August. A 62 miler, so I'll keep training on the recumbent and be ready to ride for a cause that's tougher than what I have been through.

Cheers friend and think of me the next time you're on your bike!!! I'm jealous and happy for you all at the same time. Like the 80s band Cinderella said "Don't know what you've got till it's gone." Enjoy the ride.

Good for you.

I don't know you, but I'm extremely happy to hear this! Any kind of surgery is horrible. I've only had two (one on my side which was major and wisdom teeth removal,) but no kind of under-the-knife procedure is fun.

I can imagine your relief of not having a 3rd surgery! Also how impatient you must be to get back to your SCOTT! But take it slow and be patient, your body will thank you for it in the long run Smile

What charity is it that ride for?

It's for a local charity called Charley's Fund. It's to further research for Duchennne Muscular Dystrophy. I know Charley's family and they are working wonders and raising millions and giving it to the right people!

Check it out at http://www.charleysfund.org

There's musucular dystrophy in my family, although not Duchenne's. It's a horrible disease! Good on you for supporting them Smile

Always nine to heara good news story, and keep up the good work Wink