Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a week...
As some of you older members know, In February my landlord, who I ended up taking care of for the last year of his life, passed. His Daughter and her husband have taken over being the new landlords/Masters/whatever you call the owners of the property and I guess myself as well (and not in the fun sexy way I fear).

Anyway. They have been out for nearly a week, rummaging through the house - more like tossing the place and insisting on throwing a lot of lipstick on this pig...

Things like electrical, plumbing, or the fact that the living room wall is cracking and doing a House of Usher (The story, not the band) ending fails to be a matter of concern for them. Instead they are wanting me to plant more plants, spread more shredded bark and pretty much disguise the fact that the house (built 1938) is in serious need of repair.

Did I mention they tossed the place? I know robbers who show a bit more respect. These people emptied the dresser drawers on the master bed in a huge pile and dug threw it. They left cabinet doors open, drawers open and pretty much just tossed stuff in the corner out of their way.

These people have no respect for the dead, or the 50+ years of life that my old landlord had here with his late wife.

I often wondered why it was these kids never came out to visit... Now I am quite certain that THAT was a good thing.

The sort of people I deal with are the sort that told me they lived in a 13 room house - making is sound like a manor. Nope, they live in a suburban chalk and MDF crappy piece of shit tract home.

They are pretentious and make such incredible airs. They drop fancy names of fancy stores and restaurants, and they stayed at the best hotel Modesto has to offer.... Sorry that would be Double Tree - not exactly the ritz, but they made certain to let everyone know that they were staying at the tower - and the places they claimed to dine at - sheet.

I can't relate to such mentalities...

So anyway, yes I have been drinking an unusual amount nightly. Yes I am so fucking relieved they have left... Even if they left me with going through the house and putting things to right so the dead can rest a little easier....

People who think prestige is the end-all be-all of everything.... suck.

I'm sorry you're having a rough week, man. I hope it starts to look up a bit soon.

*Nothing useful, I'm afraid. Just wanted to give a little support your way.*

wow BA, that's a lot to deal with, what a set of assholes.

I hope you are resting easily now.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

UGH I hate people with delusions of grandeur who try to impress. I tend bar at a resort, and I hear it all. I often wonder why these "A Lister's" feel the need to impress a bartender? But having to deal with it in your own home must be so much worse.

When my dad died, my mother insisted in every one of his possessions being treated with reverence, and it somehow made the process easier. Those people inhabit a very different space.

I hope things settle down and you can restore some balance and harmony.

Without knowing them, sounds like ms. daughter is looking for some loose change, ready cash and the like to make the latest minimum payment on the VISA bill.

Ooops, yes I did stereotype them. Yes, I am bad.

Tell me what you're sipping on and I'll match you a handle of it Beerchug

Then we can go pee on their front door

BA, you know what you need to do... you need to feed them to The Banshee next door at the next full moon... she needs to be appeased... FiredevilNewdevilFiredevil
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Actually some one checked into their tax record, it appears that they haven't paid their house taxes in a while. furthermore, I noted that the tags on their Cadillac SUV expired last month...

So yeah, the tossing of the house to find money to pay off something soon fits the general pattern that has emerged over the months.

So Its orange juice, a shot of orange juice to a glass of vodka - I need my Vitamins C and V - more of the V than C....

They are saying another year... I'm saying 'fuck it' and thinking about just moving out without warning. Just go, let the property fry in the drought, let the house get gutted or have people just move in and set up residence...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Actually some one checked into their tax record, it appears that they haven't paid their house taxes in a while. furthermore, I noted that the tags on their Cadillac SUV expired last month...

So yeah, the tossing of the house to find money to pay off something soon fits the general pattern that has emerged over the months.

So Its orange juice, a shot of orange juice to a glass of vodka - I need my Vitamins C and V - more of the V than C....

They are saying another year... I'm saying 'fuck it' and thinking about just moving out without warning. Just go, let the property fry in the drought, let the house get gutted or have people just move in and set up residence...

So why can't you? What do you owe the house?

Any of your hard work from now on will go in to the pockets of the daughter.

Hi Bowyn, I remember when you told about your last year with your landlord, I think that now you only must change, don't care about all of these things and go on with your life.

I also use to deal with people who thinks they are 'great' and their shit, but I don't care about them cause it's an habit also in my family cause they were a 'prestigious family' in this ass hole of small town, once.
So sometimes I love boycotting their *insert random thing* if I'm/or not in the mood.

It's not easy, but go on, live your life and care (but not too much) about their shit only when it's really necessary.