Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revolver vs semiauto?
Almac Wrote:I'm sorry Ardus but it was me who shamefully took this thread off track, I shall leave this thread with my head bowed in shame and allow everyone to carry on dreaming of being a Rambo..! Offtopic

I'm all for a Second Ammendment debate I just don't think we should hijack this thread is all.
Richard

Although prohibited in England it has to be a revolver. Confusedmile:

Just get a Bō stick, no (Melee) weapon can beat a Bō!

ardus Wrote:I'm all for a Second Ammendment debate I just don't think we should hijack this thread is all.
Richard

Hello Richard, I'm sorry you think I hijacked this thread, I've no right whatsoever to talk about the gun laws in the USA, I can only comment on those in Britain which I fully support. So please accept my apology if you've taken offence.

if cost is no issue:
a revolver is sooo old school.

Inchante Wrote:Good points, certainly but there are a few aspects I cannot agree with you on.

Well, in my opinion, Geography has proven far more of a deterrent to invasion than the number of civilians with fire arms. The second certainly doesn't hurt when it comes to foreign invasion, but I think the Atlantic and Pacific compounded with the sheer size of the country has had far more to do with the fact that no military has attempted to invade the U.S. since the war of 1812.

Having said that, it seems far more likely that the U.S. would come under the rule of a domestic tyrant or dictator than a foreign one, in which case, the militias would be fighting with guns against smart bombs, bunker busters, drones and tanks . . . not exactly a fight I would want to be in.

Finally, those who tend to be in militias scare the SHIT out of me, and are, in my opinion, more likely to bring on a fascist state than prevent one.

Though, I certainly could be wrong, that is my perspective. I certainly don't mind people hunting . . . so long as they do it responsibly and legally. I'm kind of nervous about the whole personal defense scenario, but what can I do, it is their prerogative. And as above, I don't really think it is a viable form of national defense in this day.
Well hopefully, there be no civil wars or forieghn invasions in the near futer that will prove either of us right or wrong Smile.

i don't get the whole beef between the revolver and semi auto, i've seen a few things and don't want to put anyone on the spot so i'm just going to list a few things
a) revolvers can hold between 5-10 rounds depending on caliber and frame
b) semi autos 5-20 rounds
c) durability wise i don't know, i've tortured both my ruger revolver and sig sauer semi auto and there both pretty durable, both have steel frames
d) user friendly wise honestly if someone's never used a gun before i seriously doubt they'd have an easier time using a revolver, reloading wise they'd probably try pulling the spent casings out with there fingers, that and if you have to rapid fire it your shooting in double action versus single action on most semi autos so your trigger pulls' going to be harder which will effect your accuracy
e) jams, revolvers do jam no where near as often as semi autos but if your using reloaded ammo or shit ammo and that brass casing breaks in the cylinder your going to have a bitch of time getting it out
f ) revolvers are capable of firing bigger bore rounds than semi autos but you don't normally need one unless your going hunting so the 500 SW mag, 445 mag, 460 super mag, 454 casuall, and the 480 ruger which all have a big kick to it would not be well suited for something like concealed carry.

as for my answer, i'm with the semi autos on this one, i've yet to find a smoother firing handgun than my Browning High Power 9mm (13 rounds) second favorite would be my sig sauer p220 45acp (8 rounds)