Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about music?
Well people, good time to mention ur music tastes! :biggrin:
Like paticularly a mosic style piano rock, eg Keane (great fan, forever), Snow Patrol, Rufus Wainwright, and also enjoyed some of Ben Folds Five, Augustana.
On the pop side, well they're not exactly pop but aren't rock either. Maroon 5 (enjoyed very much the last album), and Moby (relaaxing! lol).
Also like very much a local gender (for export) called electrotango, great mixtures between tango and techno rythms, innovative. Bands such as Bajo Fondo Tango Club, Gotan Project, Tanghetto
wt about u?

I'm addicted to listening to anything by "They might be giants" I'm sure they've been around for ages.

Oh yeah and Edith Piaf toooo.

Got a very similar taste in music with drocko . :tongue:

Not to forget Martha Wainwright, Coldplay, James Blunt, Amy Winehouse Goldfrapp, DJ Tiesto ect .

I ve started listening metal music and hard rock as a teenager and now my taste progressed to rock/accoustic rock, modern jazz, folklore and electronica.

recently, ive had a HUGEEE obsession with jrock.. (japanese rock) a specific genre would have to be visual kei.. not sure what i mean.. well heres the kicker..
[Image: 299349943_l.jpg]
this band is malice mizer

[Image: vidoll.jpg]
this band is vidoll

now look very carefully.. see it? they are all men.. every single one of them!! not only are their stage/cd/live/street appearances amazing. the music is just as good.. the only thing i have a hard time with is the vocalist.. as it is japanese, and its quite difficult to undersand :confused: what they are saying.. but the music is simply amazing.. for anyone whos curious about more.. i have over 500 songs by bands like this.. some heavy some fun.. mostly heavyAstrosmiley2

my post is not showing up :mad:

TolbarixZhei Wrote:recently, ive had a HUGEEE obsession with jrock.. (japanese rock) a specific genre would have to be visual kei.. not sure what i mean.. well heres the kicker..
[Image: 299349943_l.jpg]
this band is malice mizer

[Image: vidoll.jpg]
this band is vidoll

now look very carefully.. see it? they are all men.. every single one of them!! not only are their stage/cd/live/street appearances amazing. the music is just as good.. the only thing i have a hard time with is the vocalist.. as it is japanese, and its quite difficult to undersand :confused: what they are saying.. but the music is simply amazing.. for anyone whos curious about more.. i have over 500 songs by bands like this.. some heavy some fun.. mostly heavyAstrosmiley2

OMG... I am in love with you now... You are listening to Malice Mizer... Have you listened to Gackt? He is so hot and has an awesome voice. Ayumi Hamasaki is really good too and I also like Maaya Sakamoto.

oh yeah.. i think gackt is a LIL bit overrated, but he is fun to hear, (im more of a mana fan myself) lol i actually own the entire discography of malice mizer and moi dix mois at the moment. ^_^

mind you i cheated with malice mizer by downloading.. i own every single moi dix mois (i bought everyone one from overseas)

sorry, mana is soo hot though!!
[Image: sexy.jpg]

[Image: beautiful.jpg]
did i mention id kill for those shoes!! scary thought that i could definetely walk in them too im almost totally positive ^_^
and a pic with gackt in it :biggrin:
[Image: malicemiz.jpg]

Coldplay , U2 , Nirvana, and others on the same kind

My music tastes are quite varied...

Motown (esp. Diana Ross), Avril, Anastacia, GreenDay, Nickelback, My Chemical Romance, FallOut Boy, Fountains of Wayne, Enter Shikari, Evanescence, Bonnie Tyler, Kaiser Chiefs, Keane, Razorlight, The View... loads more.

Best music for comedy... Amateur Transplants / Kevin Bloody Wilson / Jenny Taelia (KBW's daughter) / Weird Al

i'm very much into r.e.m. (hands-down favourite band, and even though their recent material has been kind of bland and uninspired, i am quite excited by their spring release, i heard some live rehearsals and the new songs have spunk. hope the album versions won't disappoint), alanis morissette (amazing vocalist and great spirit, mostly her first two albums), moby (relaxing and experimental), u2 pre-"zooropa" (before they became a self-parody), jack johnson (nice, simple, acoustic tunes portraying human emotion in quite a sweet way), pixies, tori amos (she is one of the most talented women in music), james, the beatles (one of the most amazing bands out there), pink floyd (still fresh after all these years), rob dougan (intense stuff, a modern take on classical music, with an electronic twist), dave matthews band, some coldplay (pre-"x&y"), garbage, goran bregovic, jem, live, some marilyn manson, patti smith, queen, simon & garfunkel, scissor sisters, the cure, the dandy warhols... an eclectic bunch really.

i am hoping to catch some concerts for my next year in belgium :biggrin: it was the brussels summer festival some time ago and i have already heard there a quite interesting band playing, saule et les pleureurs.

best respective songs: strange currencies, baba, in my heart, until the end of the world, constellations, debaser, a sorta fairytale, destiny calling, i want you (she's so heavy), shine on you cazy diamond, clubbed to death [kurayamino variation], ants marching, in my place, supervixen, delicious solitude, 24, they stood up for love, rock is dead, dancing barefoot, fat-bottomed girls, i am a rock, laura, plainsong, shakin'