Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you doing for Pride?
thats good marshalnder.i helped done a banner for a marchs.and there was a talk ancandels. but i like dancing aswel

I'm pretty sure I'm going to Toronto and Montreal pride this year.
Last years Toronto pride was my first and it was great to see everyone out and about and promoting LGBTQ rights and organizations.
Can't wait for this summer!

I was actually quite tempted to go down there today & check it out (even though it'd be by myself & its a scary thought to go...esp if somone i know was to see me there)

If it wasn't for me having a headache & just in general not feeiling well um..maybe...........
:eek: Scared

(instead its the middle of the day & i'm going to bed...dam getting old sucks LOL)

I'm going to the parade tomorrow. YAY!! And I'm going to take pictures!

Went to the parade, uh huh.!

I was looking foward to attending pride here locally for the first time this year. Unfortunately I logged on to the Myrtle Beach Pride website tonight and was greeted with this anouncement:

Myrtle Beach Pride on hiatus

Myrtle Beach South Carolina Gay Pride was a group trying to form a community, and create a community center. We lost the Center Project last year, now we are losing our current fiscal sponsor, the Horry County Arts and Cultural Center, they are closing due to lack of funding and participation.
Well we also face financial and participation problems, at this time this site is closed. The Myrtle Beach Pride group is no more. We wish our community the best, and leave with a sad farewell.
All 2011 contributions, and vendor fees are being returned, goods reimbursed, and any left over "cash on hand" will be given to SC Pride, Red Ribbon friends, & Project Light House.

There is a future for Pride in Myrtle Beach, but regretably this is not the year for Myrtle Beach Pride. To have a Pride Celebration it takes more than a few people. It takes a community, a community interested in creating a positive group with volunteers and a common goal in mind. Let's give it a few years and maybe the idea of being an organization and community spirit will be revitalized with positive energy from a new generation.

Thank-You for all that we had together,
A bright future for all.

I dont know what I am going to do for pride now. I might travel to another city for celebrate pride there I guess.

KnightShade Wrote:I'm going to the parade tomorrow. YAY!! And I'm going to take pictures!
yesterday i charged up an extra set of batteries for the camera Smile .. just in case LOL
since i didn't end up going today...maybe next year?

Marvinteck Wrote:nfortunately I logged on to the Myrtle Beach Pride website tonight and was greeted with this anouncement:
Myrtle Beach Pride on hiatus
wow, thats kinda sad Sad

72jay, I will be in Denver today. I will be at the parade and I will be across the street from Charlie's Bar on Colfax. I will be wearing florescent orange shorts and holding a camera.

I took pictures at PrideFest today! Go to my profile and look in the album called "Gay Pride Parade"! Enjoy!!

I didn't quite make it to the Parade, but I did go to PrideFest yesterday Smile
OMG I don't think I've seen so many people in one place
So now I've been to my first PrideFest -YAY!! - and have pictures/video to prove it

Like i mentioned I thought I'd be scared/uncomfortable being there...but that wasn't the case Cool