Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What book are you reading now?
Jeremy Clarkson was FAB!!! His sense of humour is fantastic!!!!

Have now started on another Kathy Reichs (managed to pick a couple up second hand as the older titles are a bit of a bitch to find) called Death Du Jour. Xyxthumbs

I'm reading the History of HG Wells by Michael Foot. Its a jolly good read and I'd recommend it to all free thinkers everywhere.

marshlander Wrote:Thoroughly recommend Neverwhere; one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read.

WoW ... i missed this post first time around....i got a copy of Neverwhere for me 16th b-day and was totally blown away by it! I'll second that recommendation! Rivals Clive Barkers fantasy lands! Xyxthumbs

I started Stephen Kings The Stand (uncut edition) and aint been able too set it down all day...can't believe i skipped this one for so long Rolleyes

I'm currently reading Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. It's an interesting book, but many of the theories it proposes are poorly founded and it's logic is often weak. Another problem is that the author has let his own personal bias flavour his ideas.

I've been reading it for about a month, I just rarely have time to read these days.

Cyrano De Bergerac For The 50th Time Lol

Ralwatt Wrote:I'm currently reading Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. It's an interesting book, but many of the theories it proposes are poorly founded and it's logic is often weak. Another problem is that the author has let his own personal bias flavour his ideas.

I've been reading it for about a month, I just rarely have time to read these days.
I read the first half of that. I personally thought it was crap.

Australia Wrote:I read the first half of that. I personally thought it was crap.
What was it that you disliked?
There are lenty of things to dislike about it, I'm just curious.

Someone recommended it to me at work when I worked at borders bookshop. He was a nice guy so I bought the damn thing on his word. The book is a huge waste of time, AND SPACE on mybookshelf.

The guy makes huge claims he doesnt back up, his logic is retarded and a lot of his opinions are biased. If I remember correctly at one point he says people are getting dumber and dumber? The guys a jackass and on top of it all the book isnt even well written.

Australia Wrote:Someone reccomended it to me at work when I worked at borders bookshop. He was a nice guy so I bought the damn thing on his word. The book is a huge waste of time, AND SPACE on mybookshelf.

The guy makes huge claims he doesnt back up, his logic is retarded and a lot of his opinions are biased. If I remember correctly at one point he says people are getting dumber and dumber? The guys a jackass and on top of it all the book isnt even well written.
I agree with you on each of those points. I'm actually starting to wonder why I'm still reading it and if there's any point finishing it. ^^;

Having spent money on it I'm loth to just discard it, but perhaps that's an instinct I should ignore this time.

The one thing I do like about it is the abundance of factual information, but really the same is available in history books.