Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What brings back happy memories for you?
the smell of toasted peanut....my grams always bought me when she took care of me...

If i see little girl with a dog, im reminded of one morning i was about 15 and i was woken up by my little sister and dog jumping on my single bed which never usually happened but this one morning and my sister was really happy and she must have gotten the dog excited cause she was smiling (dogs smile) and licking my face and there was sunlight filling the room. It was (there isnt a word)

My old bike brings back good memories of the bike rides my mom and I would go on to nowhere in particular just letting the wind take us where ever. The movie A Christmas Story reminds me of the times I used to share with my mom's old friend, who was like a second mother to me, where we'd watch it and just sit on the couch together. The sight of cattails brings back the memories of my first love and the short time we shared which was one of the happiest times in my life. Photos of the past when I didn't have a care in the world. The old abandon house of my past best friend brings back the memories of the fun times we had playing around and the "sleepovers" we had shared together.

Yep, now I'm sad and happy. Times were simpler then. :redface:

[Image: il_340x270.506159550_4s92.jpg]

lol, it's dumb but.. seeing these still makes me smile ;]

Before Dubstep and before it became even more mainstream
like it is now, the parties that I used to go to were the best places
on earth.

I had came out the end of 8th grade, so when I entered High School
it was pretty much like hell for me. I lost all my friends and the non-stop
bullying had really got to me to the point that I started skipping classes
and school altogether. During that time I found/got into Trance, House,
Drum'n'Bass, Happy Hardcore/Hardcore, pretty much rave music and
soon after that I started going out to local parties.

And it was great, seeing as I just lost all my friends in HS, I gained a ton
of friends from partying. They didn't care if I was gay, it was a really
accepting environment and it was a lot of fun XD

So.. the kandy bracelets, right. Well, they're pretty much like friendship bands
people make and then trade at parties. It's like a memory of that specific friend
or party.

It safe to say that I've kept all of mines during all those years. And I have
a ton. I used to wear them way past my elbows and wore really wide pants
and a visor Baby2

I still wear'em from time to time when I go to parties which are not as
often anymore, but I'm still a Kandy raver at heart, it something that I don't
think will ever forget seeing as it got me through a really tough time in my
life, and if it wasn't for parties, I'd probably thrown in the towel a long time
ago.. Big Grin

..jeez, it's been 10++ years already since that first party. And I'll never forget
it!

Anything that reminds me of my granny or my first cat.

Smells, food, photos, sounds, names......

My happiest memories are triggered at Christmas-time, the sights and smells bring back all the memories I love to revisit!

the smell of wet ground after the rain, the smell of eucalyptus forests...

I don't have a lot of happy memories, for a long time I had memories that I ran from.

But a year or so ago I've started having little flashbacks...

Willow trees -- my first home, my childhood, everything good. Willow trees are sacred and symbolic of everything that was good as a child.
Pudding --- what I ate when I got my tounsils out
Chicken soup -- the first thing I ate after days of being on an IV in the hospital, after almost dying from the flu
Doctor Who -- my childhood obsession with understanding the universe (which was probably disconcerting for my parents, as a teacher once called home in kindergarten because I refused to draw a happy face on a sun, and insisted on drawing sun spots).
Tunnels --- Exploring a small and probably very dangerous tunnel network that brought water to the creek near my house
Bike Riding - the brief freedom I had when I explored the local conservation area, where no one could find me and so I couldn't be forced home
Certain video games -- playing Runescape with a bunch of friends at the local library (it's a horrible game, not recommended imo)
Harry Potter --- reading a chapter book for the first time by myself, laying on my bed after having just moved into a town house fresh from women in crisis. I couldn't understand how I was feeling, and after hours of staring at a stain on the ceiling I took out the first book in the Harry Potter box set and escaped everything...
Beautiful nature scenes -- exploring a small wooded area near the town house with a new friend I made, which we called "Sugar valley", which was quite magical. There was a small grassy field completely surrounded by thick trees and clay pits, with a medium sized apple tree in the middle. We discovered after pushing through needle trees that there was a long abandoned road sunken into the ground, where it was dark from over grown vegetation and car parts were scattered about
Manga/Anime -- the first real friends I made in highschool, after having moved again and losing most of my friends, and being alone for several years.

I guess after this point memory triggers no longer apply to me as a child... I have a memory that is not photographic exactly, but files everything nontheless, it is rare that I totally forget something

The sunrise. Every time I stay up until sunrise and everybody else in my house is still asleep, I sit at the balcony and think about life. That always brings me memories, good or bad. I take that as a "me time" and think about my past, everything I've been through, and what I expect for my future.

Panic! At The Disco is not my favourite band, but for some reason their song "New Perspective" remembers me of the best time I've ever had. 10 days travelling with the best friends I've ever had, before changing schools and not seeing them for a long while. That reminds me I should give them a call.

[COLOR="Green"]Ever the loud mouth diva am I, I do have some emotions beyond bitch mode :p

Nature in particular brings me nice memories, Breezes specifically speaking, as they remind me of my younger self along with my best friend, running around the mini-jungle like areas of the place where I grew up here. Catching bees in empty soda bottles and playing with[insert "trying to"] the local Cranes & Herons.

Exploring the dilapidated houses and "ruins" of houses that had already fallen behind our neighborhood. Learning about baby pigeons that laid their eggs there and him discovering a litter of kittens and offering me one, dispite my fervent declines.

It also reminds me of the Ocean, which itself gives me nice memories, of going to the beach with my friends and family. Even seeing my first Sea Turtle and Portuguese-Man-O-War.

It remind me of the late nights me and a few friends spent at the farm near our middle school, and the trouble we got in for being out so late by our parents. Not to mention the torn school shirt, thanks to a frisky Goat :I

It's what ultimately reminds me of my childhood and avid interest in Nature and Spirituality and my interest in Animal medicine/care. Working at the Zoo only seemed natural for me and allows me to get back that place more often than not :3 [/COLOR]

I also like Rain for nearly the same reasons.

Hands-make-heart