Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can you play???
I noticed there isn't any threads on this so do we have any budding Jimmi Hendrix or Elton John's on the forum???
Anyone in a band or a prize winning karaoke star?
Anyone learning an instrument?

I used to play the drums in a couple of bands back in the late 80s early 90s but havn't played for years now. I'm thinking of taking up the guitar as I've got plenty of time on my hands at the moment being out of work.

I'm learning the acoustic guitar, I suck at it.
I have steal strings on which was actually made for nylon strings Roflmao.

But I'm hoping to try out garage band on my mac this weekend though!

[COLOR="Purple"]At elementary school I picked up the trumpet. Was awful.

Stayed with it thru Jr. High as one didnt have to take gym as often... then realized I had to keep my seat by playing against others... IN PUBLIC, lol...

Moved to the tuba as ya didnt have to contest, only one other player, and didnt even have to bring the thing home... practiced at school.[/COLOR]

I had to play the flute back in grade 7, but I was promised by the teacher that if I got really good at it that he would let me upgrade to a saxophone... but alas, the teacher left the next year and the new teacher said that I was so good with the flute that I had to stay with it. So I did until my last year in music in grade 9. Its the only instrument I ever really played with any talent.

Though I would still love to learn to play the piano, I think that would be fun.

XRIMO Wrote:... if I got really good at it that he would let me upgrade to a saxophone...
Just how is that an upgrade? Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Just how is that an upgrade? Rolleyes

Well the sax is sexier and cooler than a flute in the same way as a guitar is sexier and cooler than a banjo. Wink

fudger Wrote:Well the sax is sexier and cooler than a flute in the same way as a guitar is sexier and cooler than a banjo. Wink
Sexy and cool is fine and the flute can be cool and sexy too but with the added advantage of having far more choice of repertoire than the whole sax family. Still, I'm a recorder player, so what do I know? Rolleyes

marshlander, thankyou for backing up my theory about flutes being less cool than a sax.Rofl

Rofl Okay, I know when I'm beaten Funnypost

Lol, you have to remember I was younger and I was really disappointed that I didn't get to play the saxophone. I now have a better appreciation for music. Though I still would want to play something else, preferable that requires less lung power.