Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What computer?
Macbook usually.

iPad mini if Im traveling, but not a huge fan of touchscreen keyboards.

ObW
X

Desktop too. Sometimes my iPhone.

My laptop sometimes takes a spin around the lab and I try to keep it completely work and no play, so friends, labassistants or professors don't suddenly stumple upon Gayspeak Wink
Although I could totally show off the Daddy of the Day thread.

My laptop!

My laptop or smartphone.

2012 MacBook Pro 13".

Asus with Ubuntu 14.04...
I'm not a Linux lover but I really didn't want to pay or to have a cracked version of Windows when my harddrive crashed. And since I'm supercleaver, I forgot to backup the system. -__-

Ekwarph Wrote:Asus with Ubuntu 14.04...
I'm not a Linux lover but I really didn't want to pay or to have a cracked version of Windows when my harddrive crashed. And since I'm supercleaver, I forgot to backup the system. -__-

We shouldn't have Windows on our machines anyhow its a nightmare. I've never known an operating system which uses a lot of cpu resources and harddrive access when no one is using a computer. This is what Windows 8.1 can be like even when you stop some of the so-called solutions.

Ubuntu is not safe, Linux is not safe, it is all tied to Redhat which is NSA connected and exposed recently. The AmigaOS4.2 is about the most secure OS around right now other than the Chinese OS on the Longsoon Yeelong chipset. I have no doubts the Chinese Government snoop using this OS but I would rather the Chinese stole my privacy than the NSA and GCHQ vermind. The problem I have with the Amiga x1000 is that they use Freescale chips which are connected to the U.S Military like the dreaded Intel. People really need to know how dangerous these Intel chips are with their wireless system built-in the chipset do a study on the Vpro which is now the same for all Intels and even AMD have a similar system. The advantage of the AMD is that they are hard to fully destroy unlike the Intel designed to be destroyed by fake EMP using a wireless transmission instead.

So ideally we could do with a AmigaOS running on a Longsoon Yeelong chipset and then the establishment would really be panicing since they designed the modern computing era to be riddled with their Microsoft and Apple puppets introducing system spyware operating systems. Now we find the majority of Linux is compromised. I do not know about BSD and I did hear that Slackware is security. Remember when you use Linux that if you add flash and Java then you are open to attack yet again. Always cover you camera or remove it and disconnect the microphone physcially.

Ok, and so ? What would do the NSA with my data? Big Grin

gaycraig Wrote:Ubuntu is not safe, Linux is not safe, it is all tied to Redhat which is NSA connected and exposed recently. The AmigaOS4.2 is about the most secure OS around right now other than the Chinese OS on the Longsoon Yeelong chipset.

Been years since i studied unix/linux operating systems but if i recall Ubuntu comes from Debian where as redhat comes from Slackware, quite frankly they've very loosly linked other than using the linux kernel.

Personally i'd say the most secure operating system is still OpenBSD, which i use on numerous servers.

Ekwarph Wrote:Ok, and so ? What would do the NSA with my data? Big Grin

I dont think its what they do with it thats important its the fact of they have all the data which is illegal.