Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you love today?
Hardheaded1 Wrote:OK, Bruce, for 10 points bonus, what word in that phrase is redundant? Wink Sorry, that was too easy. Contrary to the funnies, I don't fault anyone for his tastes, as it is indeed a matter of taste. I'm glad you sated your craving.

When I first starting bartending and was still in college I also worked a few shifts at a restaurant and on Friday I got off work at the restaurant and then opened the nightclub at 2 PM and starting at 5 we had cocktail hour and hor d'ouerves. Well...it was REAL BUSY and we had a minumum of 100 but more like 200-250 customers and I was the only bartender and although the house had other staple non perishable stuff we got a certain $$$ amount to bring hot or prepared stuff.

I had access to the cook at my other job and the restaurant gave me the food at cost and he would make me a couple of big platters on Fridays and I would take them in and as soon as I put them out...they were gone ...fast! So...I came up with a plan of making liverwurst sandwiches...4 platters of them...and then I would have it last at least a couple of hours....

Much to my suprise...they not only liked them and ate all of them FAST...they only wanted the liverwurst after that. UGH......and that was where I first tried one. I was intrigued..and repulsed... at the same time

Hardheaded1 Wrote:Also, I have enjoyed new friendships on Gayspeak.

And, I love JackBoneTX's avatar, whoever that handsome bastard is. Ditto for Jake's.

/in french accent, just because/... Flatterer!

I thought for sure someone's avatar was fake and then he posted a video. I was impressed at the photo work.

So is that your face in your avatar?

Oh, and that dinner sounds like it was good Smile

I love that I woke up feeling well rested today.
I love holding my nephew in my arms.
I love that there was a light drizzle but the sun was out and was a beautiful day.
I love my scrambled eggs and baked potato makeshift dinner.
I love that I'm tempted to eat ice cream at this unholy hour but I can resist the urge...

If that is you in your avatar, this conversation is OVER. I'm off to jack, or some combination of those words. Wink

My avatar is a cropped picture of Billy Zane, of Greek descent. I like both his handsome face, his intelligent stare, and his acting ability. Loved him in Dead Calm.

My own face is ugly. I'm intelligent, and witty, but no handsome genes. I can live with it.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:If that is you in your avatar, this conversation is OVER. I'm off to jack, or some combination of those words. Wink

I think that's where Takei would say, "Oh my!"

Annnd thanks!... I think :p

Hardheaded1 Wrote:My avatar is a cropped picture of Billy Zane, of Greek descent. I like both his handsome face, his intelligent stare, and his acting ability. Loved him in Dead Calm.

My own face is ugly. I'm intelligent, and witty, but no handsome genes. I can live with it.

I thought it looked familiar but couldn't place it.

And I'm sure yours is nowhere near as bad as you claim :p

JackBoneTX Wrote:And I'm sure yours is nowhere near as bad as you claim :p

Medusa was a cruel Gorgon. I'm more merciful.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:Medusa was a cruel Gorgon. I'm more merciful.

So you're more like... this one?

[Image: medusa-emoticon.gif]

The heavy rain.

It's still too damned early with only two hours sleep, so I haven't loved much today. I can tell you I don't love those 12° out there, but I suppose it's better than the 9° I woke up to. Oh, here something... I love my partner for putting up with my grumpy ass this morning. And the cat for taking her insulin shot like a champion.

And I'll agree: JackBoneTX's avvy is hot.

I loved making a power point presentation of an article in medicinal chemistry. Making slides is fun!
I loved how my husbear could find my coat. It was in a box underneath other clothes. I had already looked but it was dim and all. My hubby dove his hand into my pocket to fish out my phone to use as flashlight. And there it was! He's so adorable.
I am going to love seeing my sister and brother. We're going out eating and watching interstellar at the movies! We rarely get together so it's going to be FAB! So excited. On the train heading there, as I'm writing.