Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you want to be???
Just a generic fun question here....

When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a Veteranarian.
Still kicking myself in the ass everyday for not following this dream!!!

[Image: funny-pictures-cat-hates-the-vet2.jpg]

I've wanted to be almost everything.

Age 5: Fireman
Age 6: Chef
Age 7: Scientist
Age 8: Writer
Age 9: Director
Age 10: Astronaut
Age 11: Bookstore owner
Age 14+: Psychologist

Unlike almost every girl during their younger years, I wanted to be a chiropractor (even though I couldn't spell it) and then came the doctor phase shortly after that. Now, I want to go into the forensic sciences, most likely pathology.

I always wanted to be the Hero

As a child, I wanted to be a surgeon, still going into medicine, just not surgery

Someone who makes video games or draws picture.

Which translates to grown-up terms as a graphic designer of some kind or a 3D modeler.

an astronaut or a pilot.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I didn't think about it much until I got into my older teen years. At first I just assumed I'd marry and help on the family farm "someday" and thought about dabbling as an author (as I wrote stories all the time and even had a fan base among those I knew) and even tossed the idea of being a comedian about when I was 14 as a boy said he'd pay me dollar if I became one (because he thought I was so hilarious, and while teachers generally didn't call on me when I raised my hand because they feared I'd ask something they couldn't, or wouldn't, answer they also didn't call on me at other times, probably because I had a way of making the class break out laughing as I fought boredom by being playful about a subject).

When I was 17 I decided I wanted to create an alternative community in Washington state where the elderly could retire cheap in a cob dwelling and spend out their days in the serenity of nature (and I wanted Granny to move there and run the place while I lived about a mile away in my own cob home) and also have a communal farm for them as well my own small farm (that I'd supplement with a little fishing & hunting), and MAYBE I'd submit articles to Backwood Homes magazine for extra cash. Oh yes, I wanted to rig up geothermal & solar power and sell excess back to the power companies as people I knew did.

In short I wanted to be independent and help others be independent, too, and sparing the elderly the horror of old folks homes and allowing them to die with dignity seemed a good deed as well...and I also hoped to show that people didn't need the power companies, nor did they need to slave away for decades to pay for a home when even better homes could be made for about a thousand dollars or so. Furthermore I hoped such environmentally friendly alternatives would catch on so that not only could people live happier and more fulfilling lives but it could help the planet as well as get more people to care about the planet. It was all very idealistic, and the dream lingered for many years until I lost my idealism (though I recall the death blow being in that I found 2 alternative communities very similar to what I had in mind anyway and they hadn't inspired anyone...I mean it was a good deed for a few people, but it just seemed spitting in the wind).

It was a nice dream, but I don't dream of it anymore.

9 under - veterinarian
10 - astronaut, president of the USA
11 - billionaire
14 to 15 - lawyer
16 - engineering, thinking mostly electronics
17 to now - mostly electrical engineering, I just want to learn everything! Sadly, learning is still a luxury Sad

I wanted to be a fireman.

[Image: firemen_t607.jpg]

Why did I ever give THAT dream up? Am I stupid or what?