Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone realize they were gay later than 20?
Anonymous Wrote:Granted my feelings for women were legitimate and sincere, I can't even imagine being with one at this point. It is sorta like a switch was turned off(or on) and that whole idea of a raising a family as a heterosexual is just so....unappealing and offputting. I havent been with a guy yet, but I feel so much deeper of a connection when I see an attractive guy on TV or when I am out with friends than I ever did with a woman.

I've carefully read and re-read your reply, I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I'd like to make sure. Although your feelings towards women were real they weren't the same as the feelings you have now towards men. Is that fair?

If so then I retract my suggestion about things being more complicated than you simply being gay.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I've carefully read and re-read your reply, I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I'd like to make sure. Although your feelings towards women were real they weren't the same as the feelings you have now towards men. Is that fair?

If so then I retract my suggestion about things being more complicated than you simply being gay.

Yes, this exactly.

Mr. Lonely Wrote:hello first you have 257 posts think it might be time to come out of the anonymous closet lol

two I came out at 25 so no you are not alone ..
not as rare as people think it is.

I know this might be a joke but it's a biy of a silly one, since anyone can post anonymously... The posts will not all be written by the same person.

As regards coming to terms with one's sexuality, I don't think 22 is late... Some of us here have come to terms with it much much later, only to realise that although the emotions and feelings were genuine and sincere towards our female partners, there was that little thing more in our gay relationships. You're not strange, nor abnormal. It could be, as you mentioned, a question of clearing the air and your brain of all the heterocentrism that has been instilled in a mind and body that weren't made or designed for it.