Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people often mistake you for?
I'm sure most people who are around me think I'm straight. Like people at work, people at my dad's work, people at the bowling club and those who bowl for the other clubs.
Though a guy in the club joked about me being a fem or gay when I was so focused on my hair on Monday. I knew my hair looked cool and stroked my right hand through it at times. Though apparently I looked like a guy on the city's soccer team, Erik Huseklepp Tongue
Something like this:
[Image: hLYPXUZ.jpg?1]
But longer hair. Getting a haircut on Wednesday. Any suggestions on how to get it cut?
Anyway, as he joked, I said quietly, "what if I am?". He probably heard me a little, but didn't say anything.
The guy is not someone I'd date, even if he was into guys. He's a friend, but not a best friend. Won't ever get romantic feelings for him, it would just be weird. And he's so loud, always talks about his drinking endevours when we drive him home from practice and matches. It's such dumb conversations Tongue

Ah dammit, I keep ending up writing essays in this Tongue

Tl'dr version:
Most think I'm straight.

knickerbuck Wrote:so guys .. knowing as we gay men.

Who's "we"?

Oh, please, you gay person thing you.

knickerbuck Wrote:so guys .. knowing as we gay men .. people often by default see us as straight or "like them."

That is, I'm almost positive, just a part of human nature and how the mind works.

That said...
  • An immigrant
  • Unable to speak English well, or at all
  • That I speak Vietnamese
  • A twink
  • Submissive
  • Uncaring (because I'm distant)
  • A teenager
  • An idiot (as observed by how many people are taken by surprise by me having a good idea now and then)
  • Super smart (because apparently all Asians are supposed to be geniuses)
I could go i

a professor
intelligent (this thread is about "mistakes" so no I'm not being conceded)
straight
sick (because I can be really pale since I refuse to go out in the sunshine, yuck)
a hard worker (I work hard at tricking people into thinking that, really I'm just a lazy fuck)
a Rhode Islander as of this morning

Because I speak other languages, if I'm speaking one, aside from Japanese; people who don't speak those languages, assume I am from a country that speaks that language.

Like, I am always assumed to be some sort of Latino, or at the very least a "Mixed Latino" (oh the irony) and that's even when I'm not speaking Portuguese or Spanish, so lord forbid I ever say "Hola" or "Tá bem" around someone.

In fact, I'd even admit myself, that beyond my mixed heritage, like the rest of my people, and my multilingualism, I do look very different compared to the "Average" person here. But we're all mixed, so it's never a big deal, but I get it often.

Portuguese people always speak to me in Portuguese only, even after they find out I am not Portuguese. I understand of course, but it's off putting lol.

1) A straight dude that should totally go dancing with that psychology degree chick

2) Most things that people talk to me about usually have me putting a face of "Do I look like I give shit about that?" but they just go on and on. I really don't know how much more indifferent I can be for them to pick it up.

3) An OBVIOUSLY submissive person, bordeline pushover. I assume it's because I'm quiet and polite most of the time in real life. Even head-on-shoulder guy thought that about me.

4) Someone who knows the scheduled time for and watches "x" and "y" football match. Sure thing. I just LOVE football Rolleyes

5) A post-graduate/doctorate student. Soon, bitches, soon.

6) Someone with the "patience of a saint" Bitch puh-leeze

7) Someone blessed with having just the best parents ever.

8) A cold distant bastard that would never in a million years could like hugs or show affection.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

A Jew. It's the hair and the nose.

For nearly all my life people have thought I am human. Fools.
I bid NO Trump!

Younger than I am.

Attracted to conventionally handsome guys.

Straight.

Straight, and apparently desperate to be set up with any woman I say two words to.

Bizzarely both younger and older than I actually am.

A player of sports (especially Basketball).

Slenderman (Don't ask!)