Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people often mistake you for?
so guys .. knowing as we gay men .. people often by default see us as straight or "like them." They won't often know about our gayness unless we tell it to them or until they observe certain behaviors (e.g. our attraction to the same sex). Hey, for this purpose we "come out" right .. because although we are just a bit more fabulous than other people (ikr) we still retain certain features and behaviors that tell us that we are not that so much set apart from the crowd.

like me:

people often mistake me for someone who plays basketball

a lady's man

someone who gives a shit

sometimes it even annoys me that they stereotype you with certain "masculine" roles like pair you up with some random chick and nag you about it. well i guess they will eventually know you are gay without you telling them right if you are not as open as i am but tell me about your experiences how people often mistake you for some guy who would stereotypically fit in the "straight" role.

Well let's just say I have had drunk a woman, also a friend of mine, insisting on sex... It took me 2 hours to convince her I was gay...

I recall her response being, "Really? God damn.. Really? Are you sure?" Mind you're she's totally fine with gay guys and all she just didn't buy that I was gay...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

People never mistake me for anyone else other than who I am although just on one occasion many years ago when I was in New Zealand, someone mistook me for a Maori prince!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

A woman on the phone

A random black rapper

someones ex boyfriend
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

People usually assume I'm straight and I've had women get mad when I say I'm gay because they think I'm just saying it to brush them off.

It's annoying when straight guys tell me that some woman has been looking at me and push me to go talk to her because I could "totally score". I said to one guy that I'm gay and he said, "Yeah, but she's HOT!"

I also get people who see that I work for EMS so assume I possess all of the medical knowledge there is and get mad if I don't diagnose them on the spot.

And, worst of all, I sometimes get mistaken for my 19 year old brother...

I get mistaken for the kind of person who likes to party a lot. Some people act shocked that I don't smoke or use drugs, and I barely go out to bars or clubs.

New people I meet seem to like to play guessing games or make assumptions about my racial background. It's pretty much always wrong. Along with that, I'm often mistaken for a foreigner. I give public tours at one of my jobs and at least once a month I get complimented on my English.

I'd say those are the two big ones.

Rugby player and I'm said to look like I am 24 years old.

People frequently mistake me for a bastard I've got something of a cold demeanour and resting bitch face. But I'm a warm loveable sweetheart really.

But *shrug* Being a bisexual top kinda solves the whole masculinty problem. Straights may have trouble believing a manly man is gay but they readlily accept. "yeah I like f***ing dudes too"

Straight people are weird.

people don't know what to make of me, myself included.

A five story flat complex