Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people see in me?
I don't mean to complain.
I really have an abundance of riches.
A loving partner, loving friends who've replaced a cold and often mean family. (except my mum)
And all of you.

But I don't understand what people see in me.

Apparently they see something. Because recently a good friend of mine, a very handsome naval officer my age, who respects the relationship I'm in and was recently transferred abroad wrote to me and said (in conclusion) I quote: "if you weren't in a loving relationship and*If I were capable of having anything resembling a healthy relationship, I'd totally date you"

Seriously, what do people see in me?. There are more attractive people.
And what do you say to that?

"I'm flattered."

"Thank you."

"I've always had a thing for seamen."

I broke this down into a few points!

* Different people are attracted to different things. Even if you feel like there are "more attractive people than me" that doesn't really say anything.

* It's not all about being attractive. If you meant pure physical handsomeness, that is. Maybe I misunderstood but that's how it seemed like you meant it and that's not all there is to dating or relationships.

* You thank them.

You have traits that other people appreciate, enjoy the fact that people are comfortable around you because of these traits and stop questioning it. Smile

well you first posted last year around christmas. I don't know what it was but you were confidant, calm, intelligent and loving. It just was that way from your first post.

if i was your age... i respect your age
i respect your relationship
i would also want you in my life.

this is a sincere compliment, of all the people post here you are totally sweeet.

I would reckon I would take it as a compliment...

is he single? lol

sorry

Accept the compliment and say thank you. Confusedmile:

Beauty is more in a persons personality and character than it is in their looks, and a lot of people can see past good looks and see those things that make you beautiful. I don't even know what you look like and I don't need to know what you look like to know as a fact from our interactions that you are a beautiful person xxx

I thanked him and told him I was flattered , I just feel bad for him.

As for my good qualities some people say I have non (thankfully not many), others say practically all my qualities are good.
I'll allow that I'm generous, loyal, and charming (if I put enough effort into it)
I'm told I'm handsome, but I'm not attracted to people who look like me.

Pellaz and Dfiant you are much too kind, thank you.

Counselor maybe I'll add that "I've always had a thing for seaman" Tongue

Happy New Year everyone!