Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do?
Work -- most of us hate it, some of us love it....everybody else just survives it.

What do you do for a living/what kind of job do you have?

Is there a job you would rather have, or something you think you would be better suited for?

[Image: best-jobs.jpg]

I work in an administrative position. I actually like the work itself, but despise the company and ingrates I have to work with.

Ive always wanted my own personal bakery/chill pad/student art exhibit shop.
More along the lines of a gothic hippie coffee house, with a bakery attached.

But since I am highly organized and like admin work, I always thought I would be great at being a personal assistant to someone running their business from home or on the go all the time.

ZAMZAMZAMZAM!

At the moment I'm a bartender and I really don't like my colleagues (not everyone), my manager, maybe the job, etc... Probably tomorrow I will resign...
The problem is that at the moment i didn't find another job. I sent a lot of CVs but without success, London is an expensive city and my bank accout isn't huge... Not a small problem.

I'm looking for a job in retail, in Italy I was a photographer and a shop assistant in a optician/photographic store, a very very nice shop, I used to offer a high level of service (much higher than what I can do with my current manager... She thinks to be an expert and talented but she's actually an incompetent.), my bosses were very pretentious but very professional and organized.

But to be honest I'm open to any experience, I want to learn!!!
And....The better thing for me is obviously something in the Art! ;-)

I call people and tell them when their furniture gets to their house or business. Apparently I'm well-suited for "de-escalating" customers that don't get their shit when they want it, and some of them have no idea that we deliver to other customers the same day, and think we only put their pieces in a delivery van just to make a single trip to see them.

I work on a call center for a chain of gas stations. They call with all kinds of issues and I either help the fix the problem over the phone, remote into their computers to fix it myself, or dispatch a tech to go to the site and fix it. Basically I babysit grown adults with no common sense all day long. I like the atmosphere of the work place, but dealing with some of these people all day takes its toll on me mentally.

My dream job would be to either own my own restaurant because I love to cook or my own computer repair and consulting job.

i m a corporate trainer and love it! I am working my dream job at 25! how many people can say that ??

I TA and grade papers. I also collect untaxable fancy welfare called a "research grant" from the federal government, which allows me to avoid having to do actual work.

I'm currently working in a all center doing over the phone support for the companies products. The company treats its employees well and most of the people there seem cool but I hate working with the general public. I feel your pain archubbycub, I would much rather be repairing computers or any other type of electronics. I have two dream jobs, either playing basketball for a living (even if it just pays enough to cover the bills) or a job at nasa, working on the electronics side.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I'm back in school as a graphic design student. No job at the moment since the military disability checks are still coming in. Whenever I finish my education I hope to get in with a magazine or advertising company, but it will be a while longer.

I am just your bottom of the pyramid minion cashier and a photo technician. I do enjoy my work and my coworkers. But I still feel unaccomplished as if my place is somewhere else. I was offered a promotion, which I turned down. I don't believe my place is in retail. but perhaps I should simply switch to another store. Perhaps an art store.