Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do?
Im a full time Advanced Emergency Medical Technician. I love it, my department has its flaws, but I wouldnt trade it for anything else in the world.

I have two jobs to pay off my debt. A shop owner and a state employee in administrative. I like both but it would be nice to have one job, enough money and more free time Big Grin

I actually enjoy what I do.. even if it at this point, doesn't make me a ton of money.

I am a freelance web and graphic designer, as well as a full time student. Some projects suck, but aside from those, I enjoy being creative with whatever I'm working on and doing what I can to make the clients vision come to life.

My real passion is writing.. but as of now, that doesn't pay the bills.

I'm a full time leech on society.

^I've been a leech^ its all good Smile

I've done just about everything - shop, café, labourer, window cleaner, waiter, Porter, farm, bingo, factory making chocolate (celebrations) factory making car components, factory making ready meals, other times been unemployed, now im working part-time, care work for erderly (home help)

A wee bit complicated, but here goes....

ORGANISATION FOR WHOM I SLAVE
Our organisation operates within the plastic injection molding industry.
Predominantly we provide molding capacity for customer's propriety products, which cover many industries from furniture to millitary.
Then we have 4 other main product lines loosely grouped into Nursery Items, (flower containers and the such) Aerosol can closures, stationary and pet products (dog-bowls, (Lalo pick up your ears) cat-litter trays (Tinkels just for you) ETC

MY BACKGROUND
I have been in quality management for +- 25 years, Am a qualified aviation technician turner machinist by trade and spent most of my time in electronic component manufacture.

ME
I wear 3 different hats within our organisation.

(1) I am the designated ISO MR / Customers management quality representative, (2) The Quality Manager & (3) Responsible for a defined product line, which I will describe just now.

My primary function is the organisations compliance to and the maintenance of the ISO 9002:2008 quality management system (see photo 1). In this regard I report directly to the owner of the organisation. I engineered our quality management system from the ground up, and took listing in only 4 months, some 6 - 7 years ago. Almost a national record.

My secondary function is that of Quality manager. I am responsible for maintaining quality and environmental compliance within the organisation, and report to both the works manager, or, in the case of dispute, to the CEO.
In this capacity, I have a team of process auditors that report directly to me

My third responsibility is the assembly and packaging of the only certified waterproof 2 & 3 core cable joiner in the world.

The process of filling and closing the epoxy resin ampules is something only I can do as the process is remarkably finicky (see photo 2). I will complete 1 ampule every 1.3 seconds = 27,700 / for the day, but the machine only works once every 2 months or so.

Now everybody knows why I'm slightly "mad" :biggrin:

What is very cool is that we utilize re-processed plastic coldrink bottle tops to make many of our products. We process about 30 metric tons of these re-cycled tops a week

What is uber-cool is I'm out... so that's a non-issue :biggrin: :biggrin:

Any more detail would probably just bore you to tears.

I enjoy what I do, it is challenging and varied. If somebody want's to know more Ask & I'll tell.

Photo 3 range of nursery products
Photo 4 1 coke bottle top
Photo 5 millions of crushed coke bottle tops ready for conversion

Trial by error

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In my case it would be more "What have you done?" If I started to write down all the things I've done it might take quite a long time and I would have to strain my memory.

I am a stay at home mom. It is not the most glorious job in the world, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

pretty soon i'll be getting my first (part time) job working at T.J. Max with a summer youth program YEAh!

I am the Guardian and Protector of Mirkwood. I order the trees in their rows, tell the grasses and flowering native vegetation how high they may grow, I bring the rains which keep the woods green. I tend the flora and fauna of Mirwood, keeping foul beasts and pestilences at bay I bring the high winds that cause the leaves and debris of the trees and native vegetation to depart from the paths and lowways.

Its a full time job, and does rely on a lot of magic use....

I have faithfully executed my duties for over 17 years now.

^^^ that means I mow the lawns, water the 2 acres, tend to the health and welfare of the gardens, and I blow walkways and driveway.

The most time demanding 'chore' here is watering. The place is on a (one) funcitoning well, so only 4 sprinklers at at maximum can be used at a time. There is no automatic irrigation system, there are 10 hose bibs through out the property and hoses and 2 drip irrigation/soaker hose systems. I spend most of my days turning on and off hoses, moving hoses and sprinklers about. I guess technically I am a Domestic Irrigation Engineer.

My main job is just to be present here on the property. I'm sort of like a house sitter - presenting a presence that keeps orcs and trolls away (squatters and burglars).

In the past two years my job also includes being a guardian of the Lord of the Land - watching over him. Now it appears my duties in that area are going to be more tasking.

The pay is my rent, my water, my sewage, my trash, my electricity and my propane.

Yes if I was to actually sit down and put a $ sign to the work I actually do (which is a bit more than what I have listed) I have been screwed over for oh about 17 years consecutively. :biggrin:

In previous years I 'worked' on the side as a jack of all trades - sort of a handy-man doing odd jobs for others for a wee bit of cash... Now days with constant pain and a few other issues, I am sitting on my fat lazy amerikan arse waiting for the dole to kick in (disability)....