Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when you get angry?
I imagine having a conversation with the person making me angry, which can become quite a heated conversation considering I'm the only one in it.

To sum up: I talk to myself.

I do my best to determine whether my anger is justified or not. If I reach the conclusion that it's not, I hide it until it goes away.

If I, on the other hand, reach the conclusion that it is I'll try to determine whether there's anything I can do about it. If not, I do my very best to simply accept it and move forward. If there's something I can do about it (like confronting someone etc.) I do so. The end. More or less everyone who knows me is under the belief that I can't get angry. I get told all the time that people can't even imagine me being angry. That's not the case though, but unlike most people I try not to expose irrational wrath :p

I think of how Mr. Spock and Commander T'Pol would have handled the frustration.

I would totally have to say that I am A.

I lay down softly on the floor and roll myself up in a rug. I then proceed to rock back and forth as my tears and saliva begin to form a sort of sadness puddle beneath me. When I am all tuckered out and and my face sopping wet, I find that much of the anger has left me. When I awake several hours later and find it's time to go to school, my shame and embarrassment is so great that I vow never to allow myself to be that angry again. It never works.

I call this technique the "Angry Taquito."

In all seriousness, I'm one of those people who doesn't express his feelings when he's angry and instead let's it build until he does something genuinely stupid. I threw a paper clip at a co-worker once because I felt like I was being patronized. Amazingly, I didn't get fired, nor did I get my ass kicked!

Counselor Wrote:I imagine having a conversation with the person making me angry, which can become quite a heated conversation considering I'm the only one in it.

To sum up: I talk to myself.

I do the same. Do you, like me, find yourself losing most of those imaginary arguments?

Wade Wrote:I do the same. Do you, like me, find yourself losing most of those imaginary arguments?

No, I usually imagine the recipient being shamed to tears, and I march into the sunset in furious victory.

I don't get angry very often. More likely to get frustrated though. I just walk away. It's easier to regroup my thoughts and feelings than to face the frustrating problem head on. Once I have thought things over I will try facing the problem again.

Usually I do something like this:

[Image: 7849%7EI-Warned-You-To-Stay-Out-Of-My-Cu...osters.jpg]

What? You think it's too much?

Actually, I take some time out, then revisit, unless it's bodily harm - then see above.

I write/make notes for a writing
I'm working on a novel right now about a woman, back around WWII, who kills her entire family and everyone close to her.
The twist: she has multiple personality disorder and has no recollection or knowledge of the killings.
With some luck and enough people making me angry, I'll have it done by the end of the year :3

Cry, usually.