Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when you get harrased for being LGBT?
Been lucky enough to be in the company of open minded people so I haven't really had to deal with straightforward discrimination.

If there's been something that has annoyed me, it would be some prejudicial/homophobic comment coming from someone who professes to be for equality but doesn't really realize the nature of the BS he or she is spouting. And it's really frustrating to try to argue against this since he or she openly declares that he or she has nothing against gay people.

Well I've got a slightly different twist on this --- one night, I got harassed BY a couple gay guys.

My friend and I had been to this gay bar a few times, and I knew some of the guys by sight, just to say Hi to. So, one night I decided to bring my BF there. We were dancing, sweet and romantic, and I kissed him. And all of a sudden this guy shrieks, "Why are you kissing that asshole????"

We look at him and the guy goes into this loud rant, a little influenced by liberal consumption of alcohol, but the gist of it being that I had no business bring a f-ing cop to a f-ing gay bar, etc. --- It seemed never to occur to him that if Will was dancing with me and kissing me ---DUH --- he just might be...gay??

Before I could react, Will had me out the door. Will works vice, and had apparently arrested this dude for various infractions...

So now, when we o out, we go to a local "cop bar" --- and I'm not sure what it means that I get treated with a hell of a lot more respect there. And yes, I know that the majority of gays would never act that way, just as most straights are not gay bashers.

It's the lunatic fringe who give us all a bad name.

50Plus Wrote:There are likely less than 100 people who I would consider close to my equal. And yes, I am an arrogant and ignorant prick. But I am competent. And I am me.Butter
Or you're a cat... :tongue: