Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when you get harrased for being LGBT?
There's no one magical response I could suggest. All I can say is that I have never encountered a situation where someone was trying to harass or embarrass me where I couldn't humiliate them instead.

Buzzer Wrote:There's no one magical response I could suggest. All I can say is that I have never encountered a situation where someone was trying to harass or embarrass me where I couldn't humiliate them instead.

I wish I could do that but in the heat of the moment I'm not very good with my words at all. I stumble all over my words and I start to stutter and I end up embarrassing myself and get super anger all over it. So I found out its just best for me to walk away.

lauj Wrote:I wish I could do that but in the heat of the moment I'm not very good with my words at all. I stumble all over my words and I start to stutter and I end up embarrassing myself and get super anger all over it. So I found out its just best for me to walk away.

That happens to some people, I can sympathize. Have you ever tried just staring and letting them spew all their crap out without saying a word? Don't cringe, just stare and let them look stupid and bigoted. They do, even if you feel like you're the one who got embarrassed.

Buzzer Wrote:That happens to some people, I can sympathize. Have you ever tried just staring and letting them spew all their crap out without saying a word? Don't cringe, just stare and let them look stupid and bigoted. They do, even if you feel like you're the one who got embarrassed.

No I can't do that. For some reason the thing that gets me really mad is the way they look at me. It makes me want to hulk smash their heads in.

Well...I'm old...and I can be a bitch. I don't really take too much crap from other people....

I beat the crap out of the big high school jock bully in front of all his jock friends.....wiped the floor with him. I didn't even get a scratch on me and he was crying and actually begging for his mommy. How embarrassing for him.

I sent a guy who came to bash gay men away with broken ribs in an ambulance...he was with three friends and they all had bats and/or other weapons and I grabbed his bat and pinned him on the ground and started beating the crap out of him (not with the bat...with my fist and feet). His friends ran back to the car and started screaming.

I called the district manager of Dennys at 2 AM after I was lucky enough to get his phone number when a waitress refused to wait on us because we were gay.....I told him if he didn't fire her immediately I would go to the fucking president of the company and make it VERY PUBLIC...and I meant immediately...

I took on the police department more than once with incidents that happened in the bar I worked at. One of the worst things to do to me is to try to intimidate me.....it is a bad idea. That is when the real bitch in me will awaken.

There's more of course but basically I stood up for myself and/or other people regularly.

I have mellowed with age though and I haven't had any incidents in years.

Nothing. I just ignore them. Dumbasses are everywhere and always will be.

Spent 2 very awful years in a corrupted school, the first one I endured all forms of bullying, and the second one dedicated for revenge. After that I swore not to ever put a foot there again, began a new life in a new school, and left my sexual identity hidden for years until now.
Right now my best friend harasses me without notice by asking me continuously about those girls I pretend to like.
So if it's not physical, it's emotional abuse, though I don't get annoyed by hating people anymore.
Best luck in your journey Smile

Whenever jerks or assholes try to judge me I just smile right back and pretend to listen intently and nod at them. I grin at their ridiculous commentary and then I ask about their dreams, psyche, hobbies, and life aspirations. That usually freaks them the fuck out and will just stop. I find that these buffoons often do it just to see your reaction and try to get you flustered and annoyed. They give up when they realize their inability to get under my skin.

IRL I talk to them quite calmly until they are backed in a corner and can't argue with me any more and are sitting there flustered themselves, or I ignore them. If I encounter them online, which is more common for me, then I tell them off and beat them with the logic stick until they are sorry they ever said anything and apologize profusely.

Dang East!

I thought about telling some of my antics but decided I'd better not or folks would think I'm a .... ummmm LIKE YOU.... hahahahahahaha!

I think the worst I ever did was after hauling a car on a trailer 350 miles to Aberdeen where they had one of two gay bars in the state. At that time my truck didn't have bumpers. It had railroad cross ties for bumpers. As I was leaving the bar some guys drive by yelling things and throwing beer bottles at parked cars. I didn't hurry to my truck until one of the people from the bar said, "look they just turned down a dead end road.".....

So there we were on a dead end road.... them in a pimped up little 4 door Toyota vs me in a 1984 Chevy Diesel 4wd Truck.....with cross ties for bumpers. I pushed them off the road into a ditch covered by a bank of snow where they couldn't open any doors. I sat there watching until I saw them figure out they needed to roll down the windows to dig their way out and I left.