Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when you're sad..?
I also utilize the power of penguins.

I listen to sad songs to indulge myself further in the sadness,then treat myself a nice dinner or movie.

i wallow and enjoy my suffering, when it loses the novelty i simply forget about whatever was making me sad and move onto new things.

I listen to Donna Summer. She gets me through anything.

My "feeling down/depressed" movie is Victor/Victoria with Julie Andrews....always makes me feel better.

Scarf about 2 tons of dark chocolate.

Watch Wonder Woman.

Watch Bewitched.

Watch Charmed.

Scarf guacamole and chips.

I do the liquor thing too often too, but thats also because I love beer.

also learning to love yourself first, usually results in being accepting of single life and enjoying each moment to its fullest.

Apart from that, do something to take your mind off things and also promote endorphin release. Working out 3 times a week is a big plus, especially lots of bodyweight/weight workouts that really tire out your muscles. Learn to love DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

Finally if none of that works, maybe try something different. What about learning a bit about Buddhism? It is a great way for people to learn about 'suffering' and teaches you to come to terms with life, accept it and love things for what they are.

My typical routine is going for a walk, listening to music that has a chance of making me cry, going to the store and buying a ton of food. I always buy the same things though: sourdough baguette from the bakery section, magnum double caramel ice cream bars, wild cherry Pepsi, party sized cheddar and sour cream chips, Oreos, cheez it's, and a large bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups.

If you ever see me eating a baguette all by myself and just tearing into it with my mouth, thats a good indicator I'm depressed.