Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you prefer and why?
In class today, we somehow got on the topic of my sexuality. This guy asked me why I liked girls and I couldn't really give him an answer. I said because girls are more emotional but that was the first thing that came to my head. I honestly don't know why I like girls. I just always have. I learned what bisexual meant when I was 7 years old and I said that I would most likely be bisexual when I got older. I've never had a problem with dating girls or girls dating girls. I guess that means I was born bisexual then. So I'm just wondering what everyone else likes and why. Maybe you experienced something or just got curious and happened to like it. Or maybe you were just born that way.

I would have just told him "for the same reason you like girls: I find them attractive." Boom, end of discussion. Smile

Drew Wrote:I would have just told him "for the same reason you like girls: I find them attractive." Boom, end of discussion. Smile

Lol, I asked him why he liked girls and he said because he's supposed to. I was just like whatever.

I've never known anything different. I've always been more comfortable around men when I was little. I liked a couple of older men (well, one was in his 20's and the other was a teenager....I was about 4).

I never even knew I was "different" until I turned 13. Thats when the gay riots in New York were all in the news. I never heard the word "homosexual" before, so I got the dictionary and looked it up.

Come to find out there was a "name" for who/what I was. I thought it was really weird, because I was never treated any different than anyone else. I was never harassed or called names.....at any time all through school.

I had a few idiots make fun of me in some of the jobs Ive had, but I always embarrassed them into keeping their mouths shut.

Other than that, I have never been "gay" or "straight" or anything else. Ive always just been me.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Ive always just been me.

You're a cool guy Smile

I have no preferences. All I know is that where others' genitals might tingle or recoil when aimed at one gender or the other, mine looks at either and just shrugs.

I prefer men because I do?...

Ever since I was a little kid,
far before I ever knew about labels or what they meant,
I'd always gravitated more to other boys my age,
and didn't understand what those feelings were
until they evolved and clarified when I hit puberty.

When I came out to my sister,
(the first thing she said after "Duh!")
was how she'd always suspected that I was gay,
especially when I was a kid.

Slightly off topic:
I've heard of groundbreaking studies that women are different from men
in that their sexualities can be very fluid in orientation,
opposed to men naturally sticking
to just one orientation throughout their lifetimes.

Dreamer Wrote:
I prefer men because I do?...

I kinda figured that's what most people would say. I wanted to say that but he would've just kept asking why. I've always had a thing for girls (and boys) and I could never explain why.

Mercury97 Wrote:I kinda figured that's what most people would say. I wanted to say that but he would've just kept asking why. I've always had a thing for girls (and boys) and I could never explain why.

I hate when that happens.

I find it annoying when straight people,
either at a new place of work or school,
get super curious like a prowling cat,
on finding out whether I'm gay or not.

If it's a guy,
I like to shoot them back with a "Why, you interested?"
Sometimes that will shut them up,
but if not, I just tell them,
and they usually don't bother to investigate further.

If it's a girl, they seem to always go on with the 21 questions,
especially if they're new to the concept of gay men.

The best way to answer that question is to return it with, "Why do you like [opposite gender]. A rational person will realize how silly the question was in the first place, and an irrational person will cue you in on that moment that you don't want to associate with them.