Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you study?
I studied an Animal Management degree. Am now working with dogs!

XRIMO Wrote:I would love to learn Japanese. I did take a course in Chinese and it was not that difficult, but I didn't get into the calligraphy of the language, which is the difficult part. The only Japanese I know is from seeing a few animes in the original language.
i speak abit of chinese, but japanese is much easier lol!Biggthumpup

last year at high school and future industrial engineering student
also preparing first certificate exam of Cambridge university and doing advanced certificate next year

i beg to differ on the chinese not being hard.... (sorry didn't see that post above mine). It's one thing to speak it w/ other non native speakers, it's a hole other thing to speak it w/ a native speaker

We have friends that live in China, and they have lived there for years, and they still have trouble communicating. We were told once by my prof that he had a friend that has lived in China for almost 20 years, and she fell and hurt herself. She asked some people to get her a phone (I think that's what it was) but people kept getting her food, the two words were so close sounding that people misunderstood what she was saying.

futureRD Wrote:i beg to differ on the chinese not being hard.... (sorry didn't see that post above mine). It's one thing to speak it w/ other non native speakers, it's a hole other thing to speak it w/ a native speaker

We have friends that live in China, and they have lived there for years, and they still have trouble communicating. We were told once by my prof that he had a friend that has lived in China for almost 20 years, and she fell and hurt herself. She asked some people to get her a phone (I think that's what it was) but people kept getting her food, the two words were so close sounding that people misunderstood what she was saying.

I just took a basic Chinese course offered by my university and I didn't have too hard a time. Of course, going to China would be much different because everyone would speak faster and use words that I never heard. I found the basic grammar of Chinese easy, compared to some languages. Don't get me wrong, to fully learn Chinese would not be an easy task. I'll stick with Latin and Ancient Greek for the time being.

I got the basics, but my prof always made fun of me. he never knew for sure if I sawing "Mom" or "Horse." The tones are what got me the most, I'm sorry but when one word can me 4 different things based on what type of tone you use on that word, it's just too complicated.

I'll stick w/ english, I seem to butcher that the least. At least most people can kind of understand what I'm saying when i speak.

Im currently in my first year training as a TA.My ideal job however would be a crime scene officer or a forensic scientist :biggrin:

I am a student of English Law (and have been for QUITE A FEW YEARS now I must point out) - I'm in my final year, but I just can't ever seem to work up the enthusiasm to get off my butt and finish it !!

I work as the IT Department Head for an IP (Intellectual Property) Law Firm, so I have a lot of exposure to the law and, since our firm works in over 160 jurisdictions around the world, my focus is on the IP laws of developing countries.

It's ... varied !! Confusedmile:

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I'm in Brighton studying Film making. Its a good laugh. I've attempted to study it at 2 other collages but got "distracted" back then but now i'm really enjoying being a student again.

I study philosophy, though it’s more a case of indulging a passion rather than a career choice. Career opportunities don’t exactly open themselves up to those with a philosophy degree, but… I’m happy! Confusedmile: