Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you study?
I am all about music. Confusedmile: I compose, and I play the piano, and I love it to bits.

I mean - I'll never get a job out of it, and will end up training as a plumber, but still!

Wilem Wrote:I am all about music. Confusedmile: I compose, and I play the piano, and I love it to bits.

I mean - I'll never get a job out of it, and will end up training as a plumber, but still!

I really want to learn to play the piano. I have been dying to for years, but I can't afford one, lessons, or have I had any time to play. But hopefully if I can get some time from school and get a job, I can save up and have the time.
Thats cool, are you really good. I'm sure their would orchestras that would love to have good piano players. I have a friend who gets paid quite a bit for playing at weddings and funerals, and she volunteers at her church.

I majored in a self-designed course of Film Criticism. It was the best - watching films of all types every day.

I love early Japanese films then I met someone who said I had a place to stay in Japan if I wanted to go and I went.

I lived in Japan for nearly 10 years. Five years was an amazing experience and I stayed another five years waiting for my Japanese BF to mature enough to move to San Francisco where we started a fashion business.

I highly recommend a move to Japan. It is a really crazy place - all I know is Tokyo though...

frank

I'm in my 2nd year studying Photography, and loving it Confusedmile: I'm also studying Norwegian in my own time as im half norwegian

Sweet dude !!

Can I ask you a question ?

Why do you feel crappy ? Are you unwell ??

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:Sweet dude !!

Can I ask you a question ?

Why do you feel crappy ? Are you unwell ??

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Yes am ill :frown: i not long found i have ceoliac disease, so everything is hit and miss with eating at the moment and if i eat something with gluten or dairy in i get really ill

OUCH dude ... over here people get tokens for that - you should try shopping at health food stores - they sell HUGE amounts of food that is gluten-free, and some of it (I'm reliably informed) tastes really lush Confusedmile:.

Have you checked whether you can claim for it in terms of tokens or something ? Gluten-free products tend to be a bit more expensive than regular ones ...

You have my sympathies babe Bighug, but once you've gotten a handle on what you can and cannot have, you'll be feeling right as rain I'm sure ... I have a mate who has coeliacs ... but she's ok with dairy ... mind you one of my mum's mates isn't, so it's a variable illness I guess ...

:frown:

You do know what coeliacs is all about, don't you ? My knowledge on it is reasonable so I might be able to help if you're stuck 'n that ... I can try at any rate xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

what are tokens? I am guessing that it is some sort of credit for specific items.

Sorry your feeling ill Vennie. Take care of yourself.

And what is ceoliac?

later,
frank

Hey babe,

Tokens are vouchers/coin that you can exchange for items ... coeliacs is considered a disability over here because it's a condition that (as far as I'm aware) doesn't have a cure - you just have to learn to work around it ...

Basically to be best of my knowledge ... you know how your intestinal tract is folded up so as to make it fit inside you ? And how the folds have folds on them called villi ? And how those folds have folds on them called microvilli ? The cumulative effect being that the overall surface area through which food can pass during the digestive process is ABSOLUTELY INSANELY MASSIVE ??

Well coeliacs is a condition which smoothes-out the microvilli and the villi, thus dramatically REDUCING the overall surface area of the intestine, and making it INCREDIBLY hard work (and notably physically painful) for its sufferers to digest gluten-based and, I believe, wheat-based products ... so bread, cookies, anything like that is DEFINITELY out ... the patient could eat it, but they'd be bent-double with pain from the digestive process ...

... and so on.

Since gluten-free products are more expensive, they (over here at least) issue you with tokens/vouchers so that you can buy yourself food at better prices ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:Hey babe,

Tokens are vouchers/coin that you can exchange for items ... coeliacs is considered a disability over here because it's a condition that (as far as I'm aware) doesn't have a cure - you just have to learn to work around it ...

Basically to be best of my knowledge ... you know how your intestinal tract is folded up so as to make it fit inside you ? And how the folds have folds on them called villi ? And how those folds have folds on them called microvilli ? The cumulative effect being that the overall surface area through which food can pass during the digestive process is ABSOLUTELY INSANELY MASSIVE ??

Well coeliacs is a condition which smoothes-out the microvilli and the villi, thus dramatically REDUCING the overall surface area of the intestine, and making it INCREDIBLY hard work (and notably physically painful) for its sufferers to digest gluten-based and, I believe, wheat-based products ... so bread, cookies, anything like that is DEFINITELY out ... the patient could eat it, but they'd be bent-double with pain from the digestive process ...

... and so on.

Since gluten-free products are more expensive, they (over here at least) issue you with tokens/vouchers so that you can buy yourself food at better prices ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Excatly what he said. I have problems with diary because am lactose intolerant aswell :frown: it is REALLY painful!
Nope i don't get tokens sadly..and everything i can eat tastes like cardboard and is very expensive. Am back at the hospital next thursday to get a tube down my throat that should be fun.