Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about Anime North --- Conventions!?
Hi! Yummy

So I'm going to an anime convention called Anime North in a few weeks, and it's the first convention I've been been to --- it's actually my first trip out of town outside of school (I've been to conferences for school, but not counting those) and without an 'adult' figure with me, so I'm nervous, but I'm super excited.

I never actually used to be into anime events, or even a fan of such things. Just least year, however, I went to a local event to make fun of "all those weird people that dress up"...and, well, guess who is going on a plane to a convention now? Just goes to show we should always be open to new things Smile.

My question is: Have you even been to a Convention? Have you ever been to Anime North? What did you like/dislike about it? Would you go again? And of course, are you going this year?

Also, if anyone is going to anime north, feel free to say hi. I'll be wearing the wig in my profile photo for at least a day while I'm there 1blue1.

Anime:
Anime are Japanese animated productions featuring hand-drawn or computer animation. Anime includes animated television series, short films and full-length feature films. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese. In English, the term is defined as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastic themes.

And if you're not sure what anime north is, its a convention for anime lovers from across the entire country of Canada, held once a year in Toronto.

http://www.animenorth.com/live/

1blue1

check out the anime expo in los angeles for some 411. similar to otocon, sakuracon, and wondercon

Posted to wrong thread ...