Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about this?
Children should be treated as children, not slaves, not as adults.

The teen years are problematic enough, teens are in that weird place of being not quite a child, not quite an adult and should be cut some slack for not knowing what to do, who to be.

I'm going to be contrary here and say yes Society owes its children, its youth a place to go - a safe harbor in an unsafe world.

Society owes the future generation a bit of coddling and mentor ship. But then I have meet many a youth who were discarded and thrown to the side of society, who turned to selling themselves, selling drugs in order to survive this 'adult' world.

The teen years are a stepping stone between childhood and adulthood. Suggesting that teens are supposed to start worrying about their 'debt' to society is a bit selfish of the older generation.

A decade of teens is offset by (at least) 5 decades of hard labor at the grindstone that the majority of teens end up doing.

I think everybody is different, so treat teens with the respect they deserve, and help them lead a good life by supporting their choices and helping them onto the right path.

While technically speaking he's right to say the world doesn't owe teens anything, he's equally wrong when he says that the teens owe the world anything, at least by virtue of their existence (as opposed to saying "you got to give if you want to get").

I'd also point out that as a general rule I can tell a lot about the parents by the teen (and vice versa) as they're usually all too similar, even if they despise each other. That is if one is loud and obnoxious then the other is likely to be as well. If one is an entitled jerk then so is the other (and of course they'll almost always be fighting each other), if one is a responsible self-starter then so is the other. It's not always true, but in my observation it's the way to bet.

I think this applies even more to adults than children, who learn by following the examples of their parents. Having taught high school children, it was often the children who had those kind of parents who got involved that themselves were responsible and mature.

Kiid Wrote:I think that teens should be able to enjoy doing what ever they wana. I know I just want to enjoy life. I don't care for money (Even tho I should)
The fucks I give for society is none... Well maybe some. I wana destroy it all. Anarchy would be a bit fun.

#Burn all the flags

Be advised that most political anarchists do believe that society should have rules, just not rulers (by the way the "A" in the "O" that's a common anarchist logo means "Order through Anarchy" as the ones who originally came up with it believe hierarchy creates more disorder and violence in society than it stops). There are as many variations of how rules would be enforced as there are of hierarchical models, but essentially it would mean that the government IS the people rather than OF the people (and that EVERYONE is a cop and/or government agent of some kind rather than there are no cops).

If you're more about destroying rules then you'd probably do well to explore nihilism instead. You might find the Russian Nihilists particularly interesting (and given what they had to put up with I can't say I blame them for being such violent creeps), and while they did mix with the Anarchists back then somewhat they shouldn't be confused with influential Russian Anarchist writers and thinkers such as Kropotkin and Tolstoy (who believed in "rules without rulers").

Kiid Wrote:[Image: 600287_356459851138121_730444089_n.jpg]

Isnt that what Ive always said?????!!!!