Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of a GAYSPEAK AWARDS thing?
rsconceptions Wrote:Way to completely write off and insult an idea without explanation. Is THAT supportive? I just thought it would be a fun way for people to get recognition for their qualities. When I did it on the other forum everyone enjoyed it.

Don't dis my idea Wink
You asked why, Rikki, and I just tried to provide a possible answer. I don't know why people think awards are interesting or why they don't want awards. It's like at the Academy Awards, some people will go and fetch them, and some people won't bother to go because they think they don't mean anything, or have no importance.
There is something slightly distasteful about competitiveness and competition at all costs sometimes, especially if done for the wrong reasons and / or through cheating methods just to get a recognition that is fraudulent or fake. Maybe some would prefer to be genuinely themselves and appreciated without needing the sealed approval of the vox populi.
I didn't dis(respect) your idea, but maybe questioned the motivation behind it. Because Marshlander doesn't want to be part of the game doesn't entail calling him names. Just leave him out of it.

Member to return - twazzle Wink
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Yes, I am intrigued by the idea. I think it may be loads of fun. As a matter of fact I was smiling ear to ear just at the thought and the comments to them.

princealbertofb Wrote:There is something slightly distasteful about competitiveness and competition at all costs sometimes, especially if done for the wrong reasons and / or through cheating methods just to get a recognition that is fraudulent or fake. Maybe some would prefer to be genuinely themselves and appreciated without needing the sealed approval of the vox populi.

I was thinking this, that it could probably bring out the ugly side out of some people but I'm being optimistic and hoping that we're all above that.

TuxSky Wrote:I was thinking this, that it could probably bring out the ugly side out of some people but I'm being optimistic and hoping that we're all above that.

I hope you are right, TuxSky. I'm just advocating the right not to take part in the awards thing, just as I will let those who want to take part, take part in it... Confusedmile:

A bit of fun, without involvement being mandatory - doesnt sound like a bad idea.

I imagine it to be some fun, unlike the academy awards which are pretty much a tool to stroke the ego's of the 'stars' involved, and of course also as a way to make money.

I am the least competitive person there is in the world, however I would participate in this bit of fun!

Twazzle Wrote:Member to return - twazzle Wink

lol, I dunno Twazzle, I was gone pretty long and returned myself :p

XRIMO Wrote:lol, I dunno Twazzle, I was gone pretty long and returned myself :p

Sad do you not miss me Doug ?!?!!??!!
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:Sad do you not miss me Doug ?!?!!??!!

Of course I did! Wink

XRIMO Wrote:Of course I did! Wink

GOOD! Big Grin How are things? I changed my msn as my last was hacked so don't have you anymore Sad!
[/COLOR]