Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of a workaholic?
Hey people. Recently my friend has been so busy hosting some exchange students at his university,and he's been ignoring most,if not all,of my messages. While I understand how busy he is,he still have time to call me and ask for favours,but no time to chit chat about daily stuff.

I've been feeling a lil bit neglected and it feels like our friendship has been a lil bit one-sided,since he has been bombarding me with his issues (which I don't mind) but he won't have time to listen to mine (now I mind).

He's very active in his university club,and this happens all the time when he's on a task. But when he's not,we exchange texts daily even about stupid stuff. I just feel like he's a workaholic cause he's the one volunteering for this job,it's not like he's assigned to it,and when he's in work mode,he kinda cut off our friendship for a while.

I'm no way in love with him,not even the slightest feeling,he's so not my type,
but the way I describe my feeling above might sound so,so I'm just clearing any confusion.

Back to the title,what do you think of a workaholic? What happened to me kind of give me a pre-image of what my relationship would be with a workaholic,so no,I would hate all the negligence if I'm in a relationship,I've already hated it in a friendship. So,would you date a workaholic?

My definition of a workaholic is some one who goes out of his way to get more tasks than he's required,and these extra tasks hinder his relationship of any kind,even if it is temporary. How about you?

I am a bit of a workaholic and I don't really respond to texts as quick as I should regardless. So I understand people like me.

Saying that, I know how much it annoys other people and I try to respond or change more Tongue

Shiner Wrote:I am a bit of a workaholic and I don't really respond to texts as quick as I should regardless. So I understand people like me.

Saying that, I know how much it annoys other people and I try to respond or change more Tongue

Yes,please. I still can tolerate late reply,but he totally ignored my messages,and I know he has read it cause fb tells you when your message has been seen by the other party. It irritates me,grr! :mad:

I'm a bit if a workaholic. I always used to work long hours, evenings and weekends, stuff like that. I'm always busy now, I hate just sitting around. The world is split into do'ers and be'ers, and I'm in the first category.

Spellbound Wrote:The world is split into do'ers and be'ers, and I'm in the first category.

Really? I thought we've passed the point where we believe the world is binary? :O

Apparently some do'ers believe they should do everything. Rolleyes

There should be something in the middle. You could keep yourself busy by giving more attention to people around you,that consumed a lot of time too.

I'm so conflicted with workaholics. :p

mamza Wrote:Really? I thought we've passed the point where we believe the world is binary? :O

Apparently some do'ers believe they should do everything. Rolleyes

There should be something in the middle. You could keep yourself busy by giving more attention to people around you,that consumed a lot of time too.

I'm so conflicted with workaholics. :p

Well, I do pay attention to people, but that's doing something too.

Hi all
May I weigh in on this?

When I work that's it I work. No phone no nothing,

I take breaks to organise and rest. (This is still work mode) and I'm pretty intolerant of interuptions

Then I have me time, and family (I have no social friends) and a bit of GS is most welcome / enjoyable / fun. Including me-time, I sometimes take a day off from life, just snooze watch TV eat and do nothing.

That's how I balance things out...

Regards
Trial

@Spellbound So you have no complain from people around you? Good for you. Xyxthumbs
Now I need to complain to my friend to let him know. Rolleyes

trialbyerror Wrote:Hi all
May I weigh in on this?

When I work that's it I work. No phone no nothing,

I take breaks to organise and rest. (This is still work mode) and I'm pretty intolerant of interuptions

Then I have me time, and family (I have no social friends) and a bit of GS is most welcome / enjoyable / fun. Including me-time, I sometimes take a day off from life, just snooze watch TV eat and do nothing.

That's how I balance things out...

Regards
Trial

That's the way it should be. Xyxthumbs

trialbyerror Wrote:When I work that's it I work. No phone no nothing,
Oh gosh, thanks, I thought I was the last person on earth doing that.
It seems that you can not live without having the phone with you, I hate that smartphones etc...

I'm not a workaholic only cause I realized that I don't wanna live to work, but I'm stakhanovite, normally I'm a busy person, and sometimes I reply later, sometimes I read and forgot to reply. And honestly when I'm working (job or some personal project) I'm very busy and concentrated, I don't drink a glass of water, I'm not even take a piss for many hours... So my mobile phone isn't on the list.