Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of a workaholic?
sillyboy86 Wrote:normally I'm a busy person, and sometimes I reply later, sometimes I read and forgot to reply.

Sounds to me like a workaholic case. Rolleyes Maybe a mild one.

From what I understood,you only check for missed calls and messages after work,am I right? But even so,you read and forgot to reply. I could accept this as an excuse,but only for so much. If you keep using the excuse of forgetting,you should find out why.

I am a workaholic married to a workaholic. It gets lonely at times....but our lives are definitely rewarding! Wink

I find a strong working ethic VERY sexy!

It means someone's a go-getter,
and determined to make their lives comfortable,
in exchange for busting their ass!

As long as he makes the time
and effort to meet the basics
of love and affection,
when time allows,
I'm good,
and all for it.

I'd rather have that any day,
over some lazy loser who
couldn't even afford
toilet paper to wipe his ass.

Yes,
a lazy stay at home man
would provide more cuddle time
and affection,
but when bills come into perspective
it's just not worth it to me.

I'm not claiming anyone
who is not a workaholic
(cuz I sure ain't!)
is a lazy no good slob.
I'm just speaking of my preference,
if it came down to polar opposites,
in reference to the OP question.

mamza Wrote:[...] Back to the title,what do you think of a workaholic? [...]

I am definitely a workaholic and a perfectionist. My work is extremely important to me and not just because of the salary. Doing a job well done is one of the biggest joys in life for me but that's not always a good thing.

Life has already taught me that work is important but people are even more important. And the ironic thing is if you focus solely on getting the job done and neglect the people around you (not just your coworkers but your family and friends, as well), you will be less productive and the quality of your work will suffer.

It's one of the reasons why human resources is such an important (and complex) area of business management today.

Beaux Wrote:I am a workaholic married to a workaholic. It gets lonely at times....but our lives are definitely rewarding! Wink

Really? If you say so. =/

Dreamer Wrote:
As long as he makes the time
and effort to meet the basics
of love and affection,
when time allows,
I'm good,
and all for it.
[...]
I'm just speaking of my preference,
if it came down to polar opposites,
in reference to the OP question.

Yeah if they could make the time,I'm all for it. But as in my case,I find it hardly to be so.

Well,it doesn't have to be a polar opposite,it could be something in the middle,as long as the work is done and the family is being attended to. Baer

MisterLove Wrote:Life has already taught me that work is important but people are even more important. And the ironic thing is if you focus solely on getting the job done and neglect the people around you (not just your coworkers but your family and friends, as well), you will be less productive and the quality of your work will suffer..

That's a very interesting fact. I hope there's some article available,if you do know,please share it with me. Thanks. Baer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm quite surprised so many still defined themselves as workaholic despite the fact they didn't neglect their family and friends (or so from your perspective). By my definition,you're not a workaholic if you still spend time with your loved ones,enough to make them never think of ever being neglected. You're just a hard worker who loves your work. Also by wikipedia's definition,you're not a workaholic.

I fail to see the problem.

He is busy, give him a break. Sounds like he has these periods of being 'on' and periods when he is 'off' - wait until he is off again.

A real work-aholic is on constantly, 24/7/365/until they die of a stroke or heart attack - sadly few of them make it to retirement, they work themselves to death.

Yeah,that's another definition. I know that I should give him a break since he's busy,but I guess I'm being a lil bit needy and impatient. When I talked to him,apparently he needs to pay a LOT of attention to reply to something,and since he's been busy,he's just waiting for everything to pile up and then he'll give a call and finish it all in one go. Well,the 'pile up' period is the one that I was having,thus this thread~ Rolleyes

I guess different people has different mechanism to handle others. Cool

mamza Wrote:... definition of a workaholic is some one who goes out of his way to get more tasks than he's required,and these extra tasks hinder his relationship of any kind,even if it is temporary. How about you?
i am that way now, little bit over whelmed. Nopitybad me.

Please take care of yourself and the people around you then. Baer

mamza Wrote:Sounds to me like a workaholic case. Rolleyes Maybe a mild one.
Oops... Imu2