Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed...
Apparently France isn't as liberal as I thought:

French HIV ads

french-hiv-prevention-campaign-gay-men-heads-to-court/

So, a plethora of images of men practically coupling with women can be posted all over the place, on the street, inside the buildings, running for minutes on end on TV every day for no other purpose but selling things, but a few images of two men together is a cause for this bullshit? Really people?

Obviously this doesn't undo everything that Europe/France has accomplished these last years/decades, but reading things like this in the news is just plain sad. I didn't think I lived in that world.

This whole thing -- our civilization -- it's just a big farce filled with people sharing the mentality of those who lived in prehistoric times. Little has changed underneath the plaster of makeup we've brushed onto our ''progressive'' 21st century.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

the media takes great delight in putting lipstick on a pig.

The people that read and watch media sources that they are seeing something really pretty because it has lipstick on it...but rain on the parade and it is still a pig.

Lou Reed once said 'Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.'

Well, sure we all know it's logical to ban prevention campaigns and a public health sector attempt at it because...gays.

Ridiculous as it can be, but conservatives are everywhere and they make as much sense as this everywhere. I don't think they can do that much damage over there, though.

I would mind less about this if it wasn't about something really critical such as HIV prevention. Some people never left the Dark Ages.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I would understand the complaining if they were referring to the point that this propaganda was only directed to Gay people, when is well known that every person can acquire the HIV...

...but this seems to be about the old same non-sense.

meridannight Wrote:This whole thing -- our civilization -- it's just a big farce filled with people sharing the mentality of those who lived in prehistoric times. Little has changed underneath the plaster of makeup we've brushed onto our ''progressive'' 21st century.

Yep.
And how resentful and angry they've become at having to pretend to be progressive for so long. How oppressed they've been.

One way or another people often will act out against anything they don't see fitting their social norm... I think that itself explains why there is so many problems today. "We" (because I'm not speaking of anyone or any group specifically, just in very general terms) do not like anything that isn't normal. Of course...what the fuck is normal anyway....eh we make it up for the most part...

Some people like change, like the unordinary and extraordinary, those imo are the pioneers. Like that one guy that goes around the country, "Bizarre Foods" he's a Pioneer and I think he's a very good influence for people... Maybe not directly relating to what we're talking about here but food is always good discussion...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!