Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it feel like to be loved?
Well, two days ago at work, my boss and his assistant and our designer were having lunch. I walked by the lunchroom, and they called me over.

I thought they had a question or needed me to do something. They said pull up a seat and sit down.

The first thing that came out of my boss's mouth was, "Well Nelson, we're going through some tough times, as you know. And because of this, we're looking into downsizing..." I thought great, I'm being let go. Gee, almost three years here. I was ready to get the axe. "Just kidding!" he said, and went to give me a high five. I was relieved, but starting to feel a little shaky inside.

Really, he was there just to ask me how am I, how's things at home, that type of talk. "You know, if you have any problems or anything, don't keep it bottled up inside. Let it out, speak up... You have a great friend in Teresa, and these two here love you immensely, we value you here and you're a great help to the office..." I don't know why my boss was being all nice of a sudden. I mean, of all the bosses I've had, he's relaxed, not overbearing, no micromanager. I am a little intimidated by him though, but that's just me. And a few weeks ago, as me and Teresa were talking over lunch, she said something about how one of our coworkers he doesn't consider a friend, but he considers me and her as friends of his. I've been at my company now for nearly three years only. Teresa I've known now for two years, and my other coworker I've known since my first day working. They call me their friend... Is there an emoticon here for happy tears?

What am I saying? What does it feel like to be loved? Not the romantic loved, but just feeling appreciated and cared about. Because I've been feeling down lately. What happened in the office, makes me feel a little better about myself, that someone cares about me. I have no friends that I hang out with often, so I'm sheltered. I could learn to make more friends, but don't know how to anymore, ever since school ended. That'll be another long story...

My family doesn't really give much of a damn about me, though they're probably supposed to love you, right?

I just wanted to speak my mind here, that's all. Any thoughts?

It feels like you are valued , wanted , respected and called friend.

Oh Belly, that's awesome. Your story just made me smile and feel all tingly, it's beautiful. You have some very special collgues and friends in these people.

Only a true friend would know when your ego needs a gentle caress. I'm so happy for you Smile

Absolutely beautiful.

the most important thing about the N American work place is to respect your co workers. Emotions out side of that can be good and bad. Respect and communication are ingredients to any relationship but at work there are things missing that make it too shallow.

If you feel there are things missing from your family you need to create an external emotional support structure to provide a well rounded feel of being loved. Put your self out there; volunteer, goto a movie/bar, GaySpeak is a start. A guy or girl friend is wonderful. Everyone is not that isolated and its not who you know but who they know too. So much is down on random sex but if you are careful; it really adds to personal impression of self worth.

You have herd of the 6 degrees of freedom well Google put a white paper out there talking about that the number is more like 3-4 degrees. I am being a nerd but if you feel your isolation is catching up to you it is.Confusedmile:

I'm glad you have people who treat you kindly, it's nice to have someone to talk to, even if you don't hangout 24/7.

Feeling loved to me, is indescribable. It's something that, when it happens to you, you just know... . Love is an emotion that varies for various people, but you'll know when you feel it.

[Image: rainbow-roses.jpg]