Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it feel like to be model handsome/pretty?
Foreigners think we and island people in general are "exotic" or "foreign" looking and they like that;

But I hate people who predicate their entire selfworth of their looks.

On my island, being "beautiful" extends to both Men and Women, and so highlighting our features (wearing certain clothes, accessories and etc) is pretty common and socially expected;

But no one really goes around saying they're "the most" beautiful or even worry about it beyond just looking "well kept".

People look at me and say "He's Stylish/Different looking/exotic" blah blah blah, which is nice and all, but I could care less really :/

Side story:

I tried dating while I was in England for 4 months, and I got over 107 "Hits"/Interested messages on PoF in a 2 week period and nearly all of them had to due with;

My Skin colour
My island or the damn Triangle

Or something to those effects in a sexual manner.
(I.e :- "Lemme fuck you under a Coconut Tree/Mango Tree/etc)

It sounds wonderful to some people, but I quickly shut down shop after that and stopped trying to date, because of the dirt it made me feel like.

Just be happy with who you are, what you're about and dont worry about trying to impress people. It's really a waste at the end of the day.

And I got my flaws just like everyone else. I mean; aside from them 107 msgs; I got many to say :

"Go back to your little island"
"You speak bad, where did you learn English"
"You act like an African"

That last one, I never really did "get"...

So yeah; just be the best you, you can be, and fuck them pretentious pretty bitches Sheep

...just ask Tyra Banks, lol

ShyBoy Wrote:So I ask you, prefect boys/girls, what's it like if you are one of those lucky model-like looking people? Please I want to know, does it make you feel better all the time? Like even your day is bad you can always say "Oh God, I look so good" aand feel better?

They say that poor body image is caused by those "unrealistic" beatiful people from magazines etc., but I don't think so, cause I see a bunch of people with flawless appearance every day and they are completely real :/

I just now caught this and don't know if you're keeping up with it so I'll be brief.

My mom was a model, and though she's proud of having done that, what she described of the life was so vile that I'd never want to be a model.

Mom listed reasons why I couldn't be a model and I don't care. I believe I am happier with myself and my life than she'll ever be, or ever was.

And something else: many people think models look like that all the time. They don't. My mom talked about how she had to stand or sit for HOURS while an entire crew worked on her appearance (granted, this was before photoshop, though standards remain intense even today), just to sell some clothes or makeup (implying that if women used or wore their product that they'd have all the perfect beauty that my mom--aided by a professional crew--had in the advertisement). Naturally, she did not get out of bed looking anything like she did in the photos, nor look that way in general. She was still beautiful, but she still didn't look like she did on the runway or in photo shoots. (Also, there are reasons why models have to be taller and thinner than most people.)

And it's sad what drove my mom to believe beauty is the only power she could ever have, a power of limited duration (and as beauty as she defines it fade, so does her self-image). She worked hard, abused herself, ever since she was a minor to one day become a model so she could feel like she was worth something, and though she takes some pride in her glory days (in which she was chewed up and spit out), the deep psychic wounds that drove her to achieve that life remained during and after. And I've seen the alcoholic, depressed mess she was even after her modeling career, and seen her drunk flipping through her old portfolio, and any happiness she might have ever known (though the life she described sounds terrible to me) came with a very hefty price tag.

This vid actually reminds me of my mom...I've always wanted to show it to her one day to get her thoughts on it (I bet she'd really relate):

Here, a model speaks:

I personally liked where she contrasted how she looked in everyday life and how she did in the photo shoots.

But the relevant part to this thread on how she felt about her looks starts about 8:08. Granted, her looks gave her many advantages, but she still wasn't happy plenty of times, or even content, nor did she stopped stressing about her looks.