Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it mean to be happy to you?
As the post says, what does it mean to be happy to you?

For me, it would be making others happy, be it my family or friends or even strangers. Seeing the smile on anothers face is enough for me.

To make the world a better place, to make other people happy, to have a comfortable life where I work to live, rather than live to work.
To have at least one person in my life who I feel like I can talk about anything with, as well as enjoy physical intimacy with.
Having a few friends would also be nice.

And that's pretty much all my life goals.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Happiness to me means being productive, continuing to grow and develop myself, feeling connected to others and feeling like I contribute to something larger than myself, and seeing those around me do the same.

It's being around men I love and care about.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

“We need to learn how to want what we have, not to have what we want in order to get steady and stable happiness.”
~Dalai Lama

This is an excellent question. Had to think about this for a minute or two, but for me having love and security is an essential part of happiness. That and using my critical thinking to help others.

Happiness is that fleeting thing I feel when I forget about the problems and injustices of the world and focus on the positive things around me, when I help people or animals in need, or when I am the one getting helped by someone else. I think it would make me really happy to know that I gave a significant contribute to a just cause.

To be happy is to be free.

At this point in time I fear happiness is nothing more than a partial distraction to the reality of how truly ugly life has become.

I very much doubt we will ever be truly free. Nor most instances truly happy.

To me, personal happiness represents a combination of security and contentment.

I felt happy reading these posts. A lot of caring people on this forum seeing their own happiness as linked to the well-being of others