Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it mean?
Ok... so me and this guy named Kevin went out for about 2 months before he broke up with me. It was the night before I was leaving for France for a month, and obviously I was devistated.
So a month went by and I came home from France. We had talked a little bit here and there when I was on vacation.
Well, one night we were talking online and I told him how I felt about him. That I still really liked him a lot and missed him. Come to find out he says that he missed me too and he still has strong feelings for me. But he doesn't want a relationship right now. He said that he already hurt me once, and doesnt want the same thing to happen again.

So we start talking about if we should be sexually involved or not and what our relationship status would be if we were sexually active. Finally, we came to the conclusion that we did want to do stuff with each other and that we were gonna be affectionate with each other in public, but we weren't going to have the status of being boyfriends. I don't get it, if we both like each other then why don't we just both go out?
Then the other day I went over to his house to workout, but we ended up in his bed. and we made out and did other things for hours. I just think that usually when you make out with someone you like them and want to go out, but I could be wrong!!!
So, i was just wondering what you guys thought about it? I really like him and it seems like he likes me, but i dont know. He didn't have the best childhood, and i think that may be one of the reasons that he doesnt want to get attached to me... That, and I leave for college at the end of this school year. Maybe that has something to do with it.
He has been going to the local community college for the second year now. Maybe he doesnt want to start something when he knows that it might have to end when I go to college. I just think we could work it out. I really can't imagine being with a better guy right now.

He may have a stronger reason and you don't know, try to find out. I can't figure myself exactly we he doesn't want to have something serious

It does seem odd to me that you guys are affectionate, but he doesn't want a relationship. It also seems a little odd that he was the one to 'break off' what you had, and then you find out that he still has feelings for you, and doesn't want to hurt you again.

It sounds like there is an underlying issue that he's not being upfront about. It doesn't sound like you want to settle for a sex-buddy, but it seems like he doesn't attach a 'relationship' to affection or sex.

The question I have for you is: would you be okay with being his sex-buddy, and never having a relationship with him?

Honestly, I like him way to much to just have sex with him. I want it to mean something. But I hate seeing him with other guys or hearing about him with other guys.

haha oops, i guess the whole anonymous thing is out the window now.... but thanks for your advice. But how exactly do I figure out what the issue is? I mean i cant just ask him right?

saxplayer89 Wrote:Honestly, I like him way to much to just have sex with him. I want it to mean something. But I hate seeing him with other guys or hearing about him with other guys.

Why dyou speak in first person?? Tongue3

saxplayer89 Wrote:haha oops, i guess the whole anonymous thing is out the window now.... but thanks for your advice. But how exactly do I figure out what the issue is? I mean i cant just ask him right?

WTF? That's why it seemed strange!! Hehehee

saxplayer89 Wrote:Honestly, I like him way to much to just have sex with him. I want it to mean something. But I hate seeing him with other guys or hearing about him with other guys.

So he goes with other guys too? It looks like he just doesn't want to be tied down. It sounds like he might have feelings for you, but he doesn't want to be a one-man man. Do you like him enough where you will still want to be with him even if he is with other guys? That's a difficult choice to make.