Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Your Favorite Quote?
The title says it all...what is one of/ some of your favorite quotes?

"To live without you, only that would be torture"
"A day alone, only that would be death"
--Gomez and Morticia Addams

"We all go a little mad sometimes...haven't you?"
--Norman Bates

"Ask me how many times my heart has been broken and I will tell you to look in the sky and count the stars"
--Unknown Author

"Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why"
--Hunter S. Thompson

"How many people came and stayed a certain time, uttered light or dark speech that became part of you like light behind windblown fog and sand, filtered and influenced by it, until no part remains that is surely you? Those voices in the dusk have told you all and still the tale goes on in the form of memories deposited in irregular clumps of crystal." -John Ashbery

"Appearances, undwellings are shunted aside, the come-and-gone debris of the lasting, but, think of it, out of the curvatures of time’s plumbings, to appear, be someone, in a where, a bit planet in a furrow of a flimsy galaxy—just the flash on the edge of time: to be present in the very moment of emergence of what is: like that: whereas we could love the lasting only if it kept the present, which it doesn’t, but turns in and out of itself until it becomes no more than the turning in and out of its turning." A.R. Ammons

We are all tied together in a single garment of destiny . . . I can never be what I ought to be until you are allowed to be what you ought to be," she said, quoting her husband. "I've always felt that homophobic attitudes and policies were unjust and unworthy of a free society and must be opposed by all Americans who believe in democracy,

Coretta Scott King

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

Albert Einstein

Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.

Albert Einstein

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Confucius

GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!

Ripley to The Alien

Whatever part of you that you choose not to own...someone else can...and will.

Me:biggrin:

and of course my signature from Confucius...Cultivate the root...the branches and leaves will take care of themselves

"Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me the truth" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Christopher McCandless: When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it.

Is this the region, this the soil, the clime
Said the then lost archangel
This the seat we must exchange for heaven
Be it so since He who now is sovereign
Can dispose and bid what shall be right
Hail Horrors Hail
Receive thy new possessor
Farthest from Him is best
Whom reason hath equaled
Whom force hath made supreme
The mind is its own place
And can make a heaven of hell
Or a hell out of heaven

A few elected politicians doesn't make America a democracy---I said that

I am all things to all men, that by all means I might save some.
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

What's done is done.

“Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught mathematical concepts... A graphic representation of data abstracted from banks of every computer in the human system. Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged in the nonspace of the mind, clusters and constellations of data. Like city lights, receding...”
― William Gibson, Neuromancer

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/9...iam_Gibson

hey bros, how are you all, a long time no being here , hope you all are fine. i am back, who am i ? yeah, i am the most powerful vampire damon ............lol...........................

Whenever I see or hear a quote I like I write it down in a notebook I carry with me. So many, so here are a few ...

HL Menchen: "Theology is the effort to explain the unknowable in terms of the not worth knowing."

Tazorora TG Musarurwa (legal practitioner and former Zimbabwean magistrate): "We must all become suspicious when the law seeks to criminalise acts based solely on moral grounds ... history has taught us that the person who claims to hold the moral yardstick will eventually use it for tyrannical purposes."

Hugh Masekela (South African musician, in an interview with Lenny Henry): "It is much harder to be the oppressor than the oppressed, especially if you can't dance and can't sing."

Linda McDonald (sexual health nurse with the Terence Higgins Trust on the rise in STDs among men over 50): "Never trust a smiling straight man."

Doctor Who has come up with some excellent ones this season. Here are a couple I quite like.
Idris (the personification of the TARDIS): "I like biting. It's a lot like kissing, but there's a winner."

Rory: "Shut up, Hitler!"