Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a "normal" sex life?
You can agree or disagree as you wish.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160217...l-sex-life
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

If you ask that question, everybody else is having more sex than you do!
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

right. human sexuality is so complicated it's even impossible to categorize it. give me a fucking break. stop flattering yourselves. it's a pretty straightforward and a simple matter. you can make everything look more complicated than it really is if you want to. doesn't make it so.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I do know this: a day without an orgasm is an abnormal day.

meridannight Wrote:right. human sexuality is so complicated it's even impossible to categorize it. give me a fucking break. stop flattering yourselves. it's a pretty straightforward and a simple matter. you can make everything look more complicated than it really is if you want to. doesn't make it so.
[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION]

We had a discussion a few months ago regarding human sexuality. .

In your opinion .. what are some ways we complicate human Sexuality. .?

"Normal" doesn't exist, except in a very limited frame of reference within groups of people and even that is dubious.

To be even making a question about normalcy and making lists around that term will led to nothing definitive.

I wonder what would the resutl be if we make this list into a poll.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Anocxu Wrote:In your opinion .. what are some ways we complicate human Sexuality. .?

i will get back to you as soon as i've had a decent amount of sleep. i know more or less what i'm gonna say on this, but i'm just too tired and sleepy right now to type it.

Anocxu Wrote:[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION]

We had a discussion a few months ago regarding human sexuality. .

In your opinion .. what are some ways we complicate human Sexuality. .?

human sexuality is simple, in fact. there are three options -- either you're only attracted to men, only attracted to women, or you're attracted to both. that is everything that concerns human sexuality. nothing more to say on it.

complications arise from people wishing there was more to it. that is what it is.

to some people, it is no longer satisfactory to just describe themselves as attracted to masculine gender, for example. now they add modifiers like 'i have to do it with a guy on top of a red Cadillac while sniffing the aroma of whiskey and Cuban cigars', and then they coyly add how complicated human sexuality is at the end of such a tirade. just because someone quotes a plethora of objects/circumstances when talking about sex doesn't mean any of that has anything to do with their sexuality.

needing to do it at least 14 times a week does not constitute a separate sexuality. it constitutes a libido. not knowing who you're attracted to doesn't make human sexuality complicated. it just makes you confused and not possessing of sufficient amount of self-awareness.

this is a trend that isn't only plaguing the subject of sexuality. gender identity has been fucked over just the same. there are only two options -- you either are male or female. there is no third version to it. you're not bacteria. you don't get to choose a gender outside the spectrum of human experience. that just does not compute.

some people have a psychological need to present themselves more complicated/deep than they really are. this need is spilling over into areas that are inapplicable to such complications. so they start inventing new definitions and categories for themselves just for the purposes of separating themselves out from the masses. that is what muddles up the subject. it does not change the basic physiology of sexuality. the latter is very simple.

meridannight Wrote:human sexuality is simple, in fact. there are three options -- either you're only attracted to men, only attracted to women, or you're attracted to both. that is everything that concerns human sexuality. nothing more to say on it.

complications arise from people wishing there was more to it. that is what it is.

to some people, it is no longer satisfactory to just describe themselves as attracted to masculine gender, for example. now they add modifiers like 'i have to do it with a guy on top of a red Cadillac while sniffing the aroma of whiskey and Cuban cigars', and then they coyly add how complicated human sexuality is at the end of such a tirade. just because someone quotes a plethora of objects/circumstances when talking about sex doesn't mean any of that has anything to do with their sexuality.

needing to do it at least 14 times a week does not constitute a separate sexuality. it constitutes a libido. not knowing who you're attracted to doesn't make human sexuality complicated. it just makes you confused and not possessing of sufficient amount of self-awareness.

this is a trend that isn't only plaguing the subject of sexuality. gender identity has been fucked over just the same. there are only two options -- you either are male or female. there is no third version to it. you're not bacteria. you don't get to choose a gender outside the spectrum of human experience. that just does not compute.

some people have a psychological need to present themselves more complicated/deep than they really are. this need is spilling over into areas that are inapplicable to such complications. so they start inventing new definitions and categories for themselves just for the purposes of separating themselves out from the masses. that is what muddles up the subject. it does not change the basic physiology of sexuality. the latter is very simple.
Very well said ..
Totally love this post.

meridannight Wrote:human sexuality is simple, in fact. there are three options -- either you're only attracted to men, only attracted to women, or you're attracted to both. that is everything that concerns human sexuality. nothing more to say on it.

well written! #preach